Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Brake lines for upgrade calipers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 06:08 PM
William Miller
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lines for upgrade calipers

I bought a mostly complete kit from a friend. Everything fits, but I need to fab the hard lines to the calipers. The rears are fine with the hard line sticks I bought at the local autoparts store. They are the typical euro (Metric) bubble flare fitting.

The front calipers are a different story:
I didn't realize it untill I screwed in one of the new fittings that I got at the store.
The hole for the fitting is essentially bottomless. No recess or female area for the bubble end to seal against. Looking closer, it appears that there is a machined surface surrounding the hole and now I'm thinking I need a hard line with a banjo type fitting on the end. This would seal against the caliper on the machined surface with a crush washer. Otherwise is there some kind of adapter missing that I neet to get. I think I've seen a picture somewhere that has the hard brake line (from the MC) attached at the same point as the cross over tube. If I did that then this hole would possibly get a plug with a crush washer.

These calipers are black with porsche logo, 4 piston and the two different sized pistons.
I think they are S4? from a 993? I know they will work, but I don't know which car they came from.

I've looked in the Pet parts diagrams and unfortunately that side of the caliper is not shown. The brake lines are shown, but they just look like typical brake lines.

Hopefully someone hear has delt with this and can help!
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Brake lines for upgrade calipers