Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Headliner Options

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 08:30 AM
tgates
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Headliner Options

Just finished installing a new rollcage in my 74 911 and need to put a headliner back in for racing in a stock class. I would be interested to hear from anyone that has used other than stock headliner material as a suitable substitute.

Thanks,
Terry
Old 02-08-2003, 12:48 AM
aquabat911
Instructor

well I havent done mine yet but I have been thinking along the same lines. I went down to a local fabric store and they have something called super suede. I think its alot like the alcantra material that alot of companies are using on newer cars. It looks and feels just like suede, but is substantialy cheaper. I have thought about getting quotes from shops for a custom headliner, but I would also kinda like to do it myself. Go to a fabric store and have a look around, you might also see if someone on here has a way to get a template for cutting it. Good luck,
Old 02-08-2003, 02:55 PM
tgates
Track Day

Went to the fabric store today and found a couple of options. Several flavors of vinyl and some very lightweight carpet material. I'll probably make a template out of lightweight cardboard then glue everything in place with some 3M adhesive.

Terry
Old 02-09-2003, 05:25 AM
rich 36

Mines in need of a new liner too, but aren't you supposedc to remove the screens back and front to tuck it under?
Old 02-09-2003, 11:20 AM
tgates
Track Day

For the stock headliner, yes. I'm trying to get around putting a stock headliner back in. With the roll cage in place, access is somewhat limited. Just looking for options to the stock headliner and having to remove the front and rear glass.

Terry
Old 02-09-2003, 02:56 PM
quicksilver
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One bit to remember about the headliner is that it must flow air. The vents over the back window pull air through the headliner. That is why the stock liner has all the holes in it.

Wayne
Old 02-09-2003, 07:26 PM
tgates
Track Day

Good point, thanks for the tip. I will have to figure out how to get some air slits in the new one.

Terry

Quick Reply: Headliner Options