Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

You won't believe this one!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SAME EXACT thing happened to me back in May!!!

I was on the way home from Road Atlanta (back roads Georgia) when my '87 died... I coasted (luckily) to a stop in a small church parking lot. I was truly crushed as my car had (up to that point) behaved so well that weekend and here I was now stranded 5 hours from home in the middle of nowhere.

A couple of friendly church-goers came over to help including this "old-timer" that used to work on 18-wheelers (and interestingly said he once drove a motorcycle around Road Atlanta "way back in the day"). He started trouble-shooting different systems and ruled out one after the other. He finally asked himself if it was getting any fuel and a little light went off in my head: I remembered my tank was (supposedly) 1/4 full when we left the track an hour ago. I turned the key and it STILL read 1/4 full and I knew something wasn't right.... Needless to say, a little gas in the tank and I was back on my way... And back feeling as confident as ever about my 19 year old trooper...

Friends at the next PCA meeting were trying to give my gas cans...
Old 07-27-2006, 04:42 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:lol: :lol:

Dan,
I wouldn't replace the sensor first, since you thump the gauge the neddle come down. Doesn't that indicate the problem is at the gauge?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:46 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

If you guys remember I ran out of gas on one of my very first drives in the car..turned out to be a sender strange thing was the light always worked butt he needle was inaccurate ..sender fixed it and the light comes on at about an eight of a tank now ...

Quick Reply: You won't believe this one!