Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

73.5 911T

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:54 AM
climbasky
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 73.5 911T

From the quality of the pics on ebay it is hard to tell how true and correct the restoration is. Any comments from our expert eyes?

Link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:34 PM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,

Hard to say but a few things are "wrong".

Tool kit is not correct.
Targa Bar should be brushed Stainless, not black.

If you are truly interested, ask for a shot of the underside of car. It should be the same color as the body. Ask for closeup of the 3 VIN numbers (one in front, one on windshield and one on emissions sticker. Ask for closeup of paint code tag. Get closeup of door bottoms, wheel arches, and base of rear window (all known rust places).

I would be suspicious of seller as he has 0 points but has been a member since 2002.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would want an inspection, as with any Porsche. The only other things I noticed: spark plug wires not the stock ones that have the metal braded casing over them (though some of suggested that did not help with the problems they were used for), the seat bottoms were not done with the "puckers" that they are supposed to have, the horn button has an emblem added to it (though I did that for mine too!), and the No. 1 question I have is why does a car with 37k miles need a ground up restoration???!!! I also don't understand what an "upgraded" transmission is or what alleged changes were made to the suspension with only 37k on it. That said, it looks pretty nice with potential if it is what it says it is.

Quick Reply: 73.5 911T