Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

upgrade suspension question for 89 911 cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:12 PM
dsher
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrade suspension question for 89 911 cab

Did my first ride with local Porsche club back country roads trip on sat 6/17, in a 89 911 cab . After 6 hours of brisk driving I would like to tighten up suspension ,but still suitable for street driving, I dont want to put a roll bar in so I cant do DE events with the PCA. I have installed a front strut brace monoball by rennline. I came across the Eleplant Racing web site. they have a street performance 1 and 2 upgrade for 1800 and 2800$ had anyone had experience with these upgrades and quality of their components thanks for you collective wisdom
Old 06-19-2006, 09:45 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see chuck has some packages now.....
i only did the bushings, low friction mounts, monoballs, sway bar bushings, bilstein HD, kept stock sway, t bars and ball joints. but new calipers and rotors and all things brake related add up when you start thinking "while you're in there"
it's only about how much money you want to blow. it's all quality stuff and chuck will answer any question any have.
5K is half of a 3.6, at least that's how i think

Last edited by J. Brinkley; 06-22-2006 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:16 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dsher
I dont want to put a roll bar in so I cant do DE events with the PCA.
Chuck - elephant racing is a class act - not sure you can go wrong. As far as a rollbar goes - do you know that DAS makes a bolt in/bolt out rollbar that uses existing seatbelt and seat back mounts? Takes me about a hour to install mine (and harnesses)

Old 06-22-2006, 01:08 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dshr,

If your intent is "tighten up" the car and keep a good street ride, most likely you need to check\replace your front and rear suspension bushings, replace your tired struts/shocks and get a good alignment/lower/corner balance.

For the rear bushes, Neatrix makes a nice product (less $100). For the fronts, if they need replacing, the elephant Polybronze (about $300) seems the way to go. Put on some Bilstein HDs (about $300). Bring your car to a good race shop, tell them your goals, and get the car lowered, corner balanced and aligned and you should be good to go. If you buy the parts you are looking at about $800 plus the labor.

As noted, stock T bars and sways should be adequate for you. Most of the other stuff is needed for the track but will make the ride more harsh. Reember that a 911 "out of the box" has a tremdeous amount of capability. Save your money.
I did this last year with Steve Weiner and the difference is stunning.

Quick Reply: upgrade suspension question for 89 911 cab