Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

H4 headlight fitment...need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:23 PM
svb
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default H4 headlight fitment...need help

Well I had to admit fitting the H4's was tougher than I thought it would be. I had trouble getting the screw on the bottom to "catch" After finally engaging it and tightening everything up with new seals I'm still seeing a little gap on the inside portions of both lamps meaning the seal doesn't appear to be flush with the trim ring. In all other quadrants it is flush. Did I do something wrong? It just doesn't seem right to me.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:29 PM
svb
Racer

here are close ups of the areas of concern

Old 06-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Stevie 77 930
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

svb,

Make sure you used new seals in your install. I have experienced similar challenges as it doesn't seem to catch. Also, make sure the lip on the headlight bucket is true. I have had to bend back for a tighter seal. A word of caution. The headlight screw will easily strip out the retaining nut in the bucket if you are not careful. Enjoy your new headlights. btw I went with the PIA bulbs in my H4s. A much better light.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:56 AM
svb
Racer

thanks Steve...appreciate the help.

anyone else with input?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:36 PM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a total pain the... I know exactly what you are talking about. To get that angle on the screw is near impossible, then to get a screwdriver that you can turn at that angle defies some laws of physics - and there is a special screw for it which if you lose or strip, well you're screwed. Not to mention it is near impossible to line it all up bc the area becomes devoid of all light. I managed to get one on OK, then took it to my mechanic and paid him to deal with the rest. I feel your pain.

Quick Reply: H4 headlight fitment...need help