Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Newbie, Purchase Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:35 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

As the seller though, wouldnt you have GAINED interest in making as much on the sale as possible? If you take a liking to money I think you would.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:14 PM
RatPack
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Info

I can see I left out some of critical info given to me by the husband on Thursday. Evidently, he was not the original owner, but purchased it in 1986 from a friend. He then took it to a shop (not Porsche as the wife had said) and had them do the steel slant nose conversion along with rear flares and tail.

Also, the issues’ I found, dings, carpet, detailing, hood shocks etc, do seem relatively minor, with the exception of the difficulty shifting into second. Most of these things could be taken care of over a weekend. The asking price is the deal breaker. If the price were right, say 17-18K, I'd take it, cause, as I said "it is exactly the configuration I'm looking for".
Attached Images     
Old 06-21-2006, 02:16 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Its a cool car. What 911 isnt. But I would put a zero premium on it as a slant because its an aftermarket slant. Its an aftemarket widebody too. Had the guy left it narrow body and just did the front, it would have probably been worth more. The used car community simply looks at most of these as knockoffs and they are priced accordingly, unless shipped straight from Porsche to DP or Gembella or RUF before anyone takes delivery. Doesnt sound like it here.

So Id offer him generic Targa money for this car (after all it IS a 3.2 Targa) . While you might pay the premium for the slant, chances are few others will when and if you have to sell. Id remind him of that. None of this means its not a good running car and could be a nice find though. At 130K miles, it should be on the lower end of mid 80s 3.2 911 prices with premiums for extra care and preservation if noticed.

But slanting a non slant doesnt in and of itself add value. Buying a factory slant is another story. Its all about genaeology and production numbers.

Quick Reply: Newbie, Purchase Opinion