Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help!!!! my friends.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006 | 02:02 PM
Shifty
Intermediate

Default Help!!!! my friends.

I am a recent new poster. Just came across a GT3 and could not resist to go for it. My problem is: I have two other porsches, a 1990 964 C4 and a 1989 930. The C4 (46,500 miles on it) has been chipped and has brand new Techart wheels and looks and runs awesome. The 1989 930 (29,300 miles on it) has been mod to 510 hp with K27, variable boost control, Garretson intercooler, RUF wheels, Big red porsche brakes, drilled rotors, RUF gauges, lowered suspension. The car is wickedly fast. I'm in a pckle now, and don't know what a good deal for them could be in order to get the GT3, or even if I'm crazy for letting them go. The GT3 is a 2004 with 6,500 miles on it, very good condition. Can you help me figure out this deal (any approx of value for my cars will be great) or even tell me if I'm crazy for getting rid of my cars.
Thank you,
Miguel
Old 06-11-2006 | 10:23 PM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Sell the 930 to an enthusiast.
Old 06-12-2006 | 03:08 AM
morganb
Instructor

If you really like them then try and keep them all. The 930 sounds great. I think you will take a fair amount of deprecication the the GT3 compared to the other 2. If financial conderns are important you should consider that.
Old 06-12-2006 | 09:26 AM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just a guess, but I'd think the 964 would probably sell in the mid $20K range. The 964 C4 is a somewhat special market, as some folks really want 4WD, and others feel the 964 4WD system is not optimum for handling performance. So it may take some patience to get top dollar.

THe 930 is much more difficult to price... on one hand, highly modded 930s may actually sell at a discount to a fully stock car as they do not have the "collector" value that is currently accruring to the first gen turbos. In addition, they can be finnicky, and also have much higher maintenance costs.

I would guess a really clean low mile factory stock '89 930 would bring at least $35K and could easily go much higher to the right buyer... there are not alot of these around and there is a very strong following for these cars, so to some extent it is a seller's market...

On the other hand, compared with the cost of building a car like yours, which could easily run $20k+ over the cost of the stock car, mid $30K range would be a reasonable price for somebody looking for such a car, so once again, the price can vary greatly based on the motivation of the buyer.

Personally, if I had to sell one car for the GT3, I'd sell the C4... you're 930 is a very personalized car totally different from the GT3, and is also much less likely to depreciate than the C4... unless you need one of the cars as a daily driver, to me the GT3 renders the C4 redundant.

If you have to sell both, really think about whether the GT3 will replace the 930 as a fun car... the GT3 is much more capable and probably faster in overall laptimes than the 930... but lacks the raw kick in the gut excitement of the old turbos... both are great cars so it depends on what personally gets your jollies off.

Quick Reply: Help!!!! my friends.