Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Steering Lock Up still haunts me

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Porsche Newbie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Lock Up still haunts me

You guys may recall my sorid tale I posted here a few months back about my steering locking up with car still in motion.. it's posted under the heading "Tale of Woe"..

You may recall it was approx. 5 mph and it happend as I was exiting the pavement and on a rougher dirt area on side of road ( pulled over to take some pics)..

At that point my steering column was completely absent of the bushing that normally wears out..found that out later when I took it in..

Anyway, that lock-up has me a bit freaked still..havent driven the car that much since then since I've been working on it doing other things but what I wanna know is could that have been some OTHER issue that may be waiting to re-occur that has been overlooked and not just the missing bushing?

When it "locked" it wasnt as tight as it normally is when you have the ignition off and lock the wheel, there was more left to right play..

Thoughts, reassurances?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:00 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you have another shop do a second opinion just for peace of mind? I had the same car as you in the same colors (except euro) many years ago

Quick Reply: Steering Lock Up still haunts me