Dallas, TX: Good Mechanic to Check my first 911

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:11 PM
z0sense
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas, TX: Good Mechanic to Check my first 911

Hello all,

Bought my first 911 (1978 SC Coupe), price was reasonable and I felt comfortable with the purchase.

I was wondering if there was a recommended mechanic/service shop to just look over the vehicle nearby to Dallas, TX.

I would consider myself extremely mechanically inclined, but as with all new cars there is always a learning curve. The worst hump I over came was british sportscars/roadsters I had a '64 Healey that was great once I learned about it, but recently sold it.

Lastly, the car needs tires and it has 7x8x16 ROH wheels on it. Any quick suggestions for tire sizes? I will be buying them in the morning. Preferably cheap ones to get me by until I purchase 17's (unless 18's will fit). Also Let me know suggestions for larger wheel fitment.

FWIW,
I will be lowering the car (and aligning it) first thing in the morning as well.

I have always loved forums because of the information they lend, a strong online presence of Porsche enthusiast is what finally made me leap into this dream.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Chuck Harmon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good friend works at Boardwalk Porsche in Plano, he is VERY good and does track
support for customers. PM me if you are interested, I have his cell # he does
work on the side.
CHuck
Old 05-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

There are a few independent shops in the Dallas area with good reputations too. Dallas Eurocars (Jim Lenington), 5th gear (Rick Jordan), and Mayo's (Ed Mayo) are a few. Zim's, Louden and 911 Enterprises are also mentioned in many posts. Most of these guys advertise in the Maverick Region PCA newsletter. You can page through an issue here for their contact info:

http://mav.pca.org/Newsletter/Newsletter.asp

Quick Reply: Dallas, TX: Good Mechanic to Check my first 911