Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

930 Electronic Boost Controller--worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 04:52 AM
vinrey
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 930 Electronic Boost Controller--worth it?

I would like opinions/experience with using the electronic boost controller on their 930. How's the reliability and seat of the pants feel with the diff. setting? Bottom line is, is it worth getting one?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Vince
Old 07-31-2001, 04:32 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Vince, keep in mind that an electronic waste gate controller allows you to fine tune the "waste" of turbo boost. You are basically replacing an archaic spring that opens at a certain bar level, hopefully .8 for you! The one bar spring is known to be a little much for frequent "full throttle excursions" as it tends to take a toll on the pistons.

My friend installed an electronic waste gate and the results seem quite favorable to the "butt dyno" measurement that most people are concerned with. Consider what you're replacing with the addition of a controller and you should be able to answer your own question!

Manufacturers like G-reddy and HKS are widely known for these units, just make sure you do your homework in regards to your "startup settings" ...I don't like to hear that "engine went boom" after people make these mods...you can actually program that little sucker to hold the wastegate closed period!

Let us know what you find.

Quick Reply: 930 Electronic Boost Controller--worth it?