Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Valance cut on right side

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 01:36 PM
GB83SC
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Valance cut on right side

I am going to install a single in dual out GHL on my 83 911SC I will be having to cut the right side of my valance to make room for the new tip.
If you have performed this the information would be appreciated.
GB83SC
Old 05-16-2002, 03:40 PM
TC_SJ
Instructor

Please post the result of noise ratio and any increasing off HP that you can feel. I alway wanted to change the muffler on my 87 T/L Cab, but still ???.

I beleive GHL can tune the muffler noise to whatever level you request, that what they told me

Thanks
Old 05-17-2002, 04:28 AM
Ed Bighi
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Just a thought. I cannot believe the number of cars I see where the owner spent hundreds of dollars on an exhaust kit and then took a hacksaw to the valance like a cheapskate to save a few bucks. To me it never looks right. But then again, look how many people drive around with bent rear valances without a care in the world. Considering how much money is being spent, the right way to do it is by getting the proper RUF piece which includes a rear valance which has the proper shape for 2 outlets and the right rear corner valance with the proper angle cut and flare to match the other side. This will make it look right.
Old 05-17-2002, 05:41 PM
TC_SJ
Instructor

Do you know the Part # and where to buy this part ?. Also what does it call.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2002, 10:03 PM
Ed Bighi
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't know the part number and I don't think there is one since it is a RUF part. You can get RUF parts from <a href="http://www.weissach.com." target="_blank">www.weissach.com.</a> You don't need the muffler obviously. Remember that RUF parts aren't cheap since they are all very high quality. I will probably be getting a set of these valances myself soon to keep just in case I ever need them. In the crappy world of never ending discontinuing of parts, you have think ahead.

Quick Reply: Valance cut on right side