Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

PORSCHE-CLASSIFIED.COM or luxcars.co??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
shattergard
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PORSCHE-CLASSIFIED.COM or luxcars.co??????

Hello Everyone

I am about to purchase a car through PORSCHE-CLASSIFIED.COM or luxcars.com (same company). To that extent, so far the owner Michael D. McCoy has been very professional. However I felt just to be safe I would inquire as to other peoples experiences.

Thanks in advance for your help

Old 05-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm curious about them myself.....
Old 05-01-2006, 10:22 PM
JRRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

All I can tell you is that when I was recently selling my RS America I was extremely surprised to find my photo and a different worded ad describing my car, in my state, at a price $3,200 more than what I was asking in my posting.

It appears that they take your ad, re-post it with thier contact information. When someone contacts them, they contact you, the seller. I figured this is how it worked, however, I assumed the seller would have been contacted first.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:26 PM
nullH20
Advanced

Their website has cars that I remember from 2 or more years ago that were advertised in other locations. I am assuming the majority of the cars that show up on a search are long gone.

What does luxcars.com actually do? Just copy ads from other online sources & then charge a fee to put you in touch w/ the actual seller?? Or do they ask sellers permission to post their cars on the condition that they get a cut if the sale is through them?

Back when I was looking I came across the site and requested info on a couple of cars. Never received a response.

EDIT- Jross posted as I was typing, answering some of these questions!
If you have 'found' a car thru them it might be worthwhile to spend some time online to see if the same car isn't advertised for less elsewhere, and deal with the actual owner!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:32 AM
shattergard
Racer

thank you
Old 05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Look into holtmotorsports.com and a few other guys around the board if you are looking to buy from a reputable dealer...there are several. Otherwise keep your eyes peeled on autotrader.com and cars.com, craigslist, etc and people here will be able to scope cars for you to let you know if you should go forward with PPIs, etc.

What part of Atlanta are you in?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:50 PM
shattergard
Racer

Please read everyone- seems like I was almost scammed. I did a background check on the owners and one of them has long rap sheet and.

M,

Thanks for your help, however it appears we will not be able to conduct business.

All the best

Jordan

----- Original Message ----
To: Jordan Frankel <pieceofmind2100@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2006 12:10:06 PM
Subject: Re: Jordan Frankel- Concerns

Jordan: Wiring funds to our account to payoff the car, having the seller take the title to his bank, wiring the funds directly to his bank after he has signed bill of sale and fedexing the signed title to the buyer is our business model. You can call our bank or go to www.filinginoregon.com to see our history of doing business in Oregon. (Lluxury Car Network L.L.C.) Oregon is one of the toughest states in the country for business transactions. If there are any questionable activities or fraud in any manner, they shut down that business post haste. This business model is fixed. We've been in business since 1996.

Mike McCoy

Jordan Frankel wrote:
Mike,

Let me begin by stating I very appreciative of all your help and input. However to be completely honest I have some concerns with regards to the transaction. First off, under no circumstances will I wire funds directly to Luxcar. In order for me to feel comfortable, the payment would have to be made to the owner of the vehicle in the form of a bank check. For this to happen I must see a front/back copy of the owners title, current drivers license and bill of sale etc.

Please understand that I am a well respected security consultant. To that extend I must follow the same advice I would offer any client. My requests have no reflection on you personally.. its just good business sense.

Furthermore, if the reason that you have requested a wire transfer into the Luxcar account is due to your firm adding a profit to the car.. please know I have zero issue with that. Honestly I believe your entitled to any fair mark-up you can reasonably obtain. With that said I would be happy to write two separate checks, one for your mark-up/ commission and one to the owner for the purchase price.

Find a way to make me feel comfortable and we can do business for years to come. Feel free to call or email me with any input.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

Jordan Frankel
Old 05-03-2006, 05:17 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

The web site he gave you is to the Oregon sec. of State Corps. Div. -- all it tells you is whether they have paid fees to be registered as an Oregon Corporation. You'd have to run their name against the state Court filings database to get more info.

smart move on the history.

And... if you catch anybody copying your advertisements for a car or anything else w/o permission, and then reposting as if they are the seller, I suggest you sue their *** for Copyright infringement. Oregon also has a tort called interference with a business relationship.

This company sounds like bad news to me.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Good idea to walk when it sounds fishy...it's amazing how many people don't use due diligence and get screwed nowadays...
Old 05-04-2006, 04:51 PM
shattergard
Racer

Cole,

What amazes me more then anything.. is that more people didn`t take the time to read my post. I attempting to help our fellow forum users from being scammed.

Regards

Jordan

Quick Reply: PORSCHE-CLASSIFIED.COM or luxcars.co??????