Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Liquid intercooler and water pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM
quattrorunner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid intercooler and water pump

Here goes, I hope this doesn't make me look to dumb, but I have been going over this frame of thought for some time now. I don't have any experience with electrical water pumps as far as flow and capacity but was wondering if I put together turbo setup using a late late style watercooled hybrid ballbearing turbo and liquid intercooler inline with an electric waterpump, am I going to have an eficient system or will the water get too hot? I would like to keep the radiater in the rear driver side fender(enough room) I know RUF used this space with his yellowbird. Would the watercooled turbo complicate this and make it too hot or could a small radiater and fan handle this? Any ideas as to if I am on the wrong path are invited. I know there are some imventive and brillient guys out there and this fact plus the fact that I haven't seen it yet is a troubling thought, but my car will not be for racing purposes (maybe an event or two) and will use lower boost settings (7-10psi)
My idea is to have a great streetable quick spooling 911 turbo based on the sc 3.0 engine and an efi later on. My car is a 79 and I don't want this car to have the full turbo apperience. It's got an old school carrera look which I like. This is only a thought and may never come to fruition but I would like to have any input for future use. Thanks, BA
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2006, 02:56 PM
quattrorunner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I need a front spoiler, I'm trying to get a 74 iroc bumper.

Quick Reply: Liquid intercooler and water pump