theiceman
Team Owner

man this stuffs great ...
Old 09-21-2007 | 07:23 AM
nicklouse10
Instructor

Originally Posted by theiceman
Rough day ?

Honey you have NO idea.. I think I am the luckiest guy in the world .. she smiles , says thanks and goes in the house ....
I think this is the best bit of the post! I think your wife and my girlfriend would get on, they think the same way what a classic line

Nick
Old 04-01-2008 | 02:09 PM
cjeckert
Drifting

I just found this thread its so funny
Old 04-01-2008 | 02:30 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

..thanks for the reminder ... I had just about gotten over it ....
Old 04-01-2008 | 03:18 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JABSEA
Reading that story brought back memories... Almost 40 years ago I delivered mail on a rural route in the Bay Area. I got out of my tall step van truck on a steep hill to deliver a package to the door. Put it park and set the parking brake. Got about half way down the driveway when I heard a pop and turned around to see the truck slowly starting to go downhill. The far side of the road was below grade, so you are looking down at the roofs of those houses... After dropping the box I was supposed to deliver, I ran down the street gaining on the truck as it passed the center line heading for the downhill side. Those stepvans had a U-shaped handle outside the door to help you up into the seat (driver side on the right for delivering mail). I grabbed the handle and swung inside. Got inside and put my foot on the brake. I stopped about 4 feet from the drop off to the houses below. I thought all was well until the adrenaline kicked in and my brake foot started shaking uncontrollably. Every shake would move the truck back about 6 inches closer to the edge. I desperately put both feet on the brake and hyperventilated just in time to keep me from dropping off the edge.
OMG!!! I guess that I missed some of this thread as the posts were made. I also delivered mail, in 1967 in SoCal, and a section of my route was homes on large lots that had mailboxes on their front porch. The area was called Pacific Palisades, and I delivered to the Malibu side. The area is hilly, and my transportation was, for lack of a better term, a Jeepny. I could step out the right side door, and when I did I would pull up the dash-mounted handbrake handle. One morning, I didn't pull the handle (bad, bad OOPS!), turned at the sound of the road under rolling tires, after walking a few feet, and watched my little Jeep heading toward a fairly steep downhill stretch lined with very expensive homes. I was a slow runner, but that morning I could have qualified for the 100 meter dash in the Olympics - without drugs to enhance performance! About the time I didn't think that I could take another step I was able to reach through the open door and pull up the e-brake handle. As the Jeep bounced and lurched to a stop I just stood there, shaking from head to toe. Thank you, JABSEA! What a memory - scary, really scary!

Last edited by Peter Zimmermann; 04-01-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2008 | 03:18 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Ice, you greatly improved a morning that has been less than it could have been Really funny, thanks for sharing your story. When we first got the S targa my son had the ebrake on and started it in 1st gear(thought he had left it in neurtal), and slow motioned into/partially thru the garage door. No car damage, just brain and brake failure.
Old 04-01-2008 | 04:33 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Well I guess since my original post I have had another incident. it was a while ago so I had almost forgotten. i guess some guys just don't learn.
I has just finished rebuilding my Audi and was about to take it to get the A/C recharged. I started it in the garage and saw my wallet sitting on the other car in the garage . I hoped out to grab it , turned around and there is the Audi rolling out of the same damn garage .... god what is it with garage .. or owner..
well fortuately ( or unfortuately ) the door of the Audi was open and that is what stopped it from roling away completely...... i hate the sound of bending metal and crunching plastic.

Last edited by theiceman; 01-09-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-01-2008 | 04:39 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Ouch

At least you did not get a limb stuck in there.

Are you going to keep a photo journal "The tradgedies of Iceman"

John
Old 04-01-2008 | 04:43 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Damn, Ice. It HAS to be the garage,...right?
Old 04-01-2008 | 04:45 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

I know one thing for sure, don't ever let ice start delivering mail!!!
Old 04-01-2008 | 04:50 PM
Brads911sc
Racer

HAHA Now thats some funny stuff...
Old 04-01-2008 | 05:50 PM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

I'm at my friends shop, using his lift to do some work on my E-250 Van. He goes to get lunch, but forgets to tell me that the switch sticks sometimes, and doesn't tell me what to do if it does. So the van's going up, can't stop it. There's a wood framed loft above the front of the car that about 2 feet lower than the capacity
of the lift. (he works on foreign cars, nothing big like mine). So I spy the electrical panel on the back wall about 20' away. Make a mad dash as I hear wood starting to splinter. Smash my leg on protruding piece of metal, but manage to pull the main switch. My van raises the loft about a foot, but amazingly no damage. The conversation when he got back was interesting.
Old 04-27-2016 | 11:14 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Well guys .. moved .. the garage was just freaking me out... no incidents in the new garage so far ..
Old 04-27-2016 | 12:53 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

You moved because of your garage? That never happens.

Quick Reply: This post is not a Joke ...