newbie crisis

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006 | 12:51 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I wouldn't worry about the alarm yet. I would be more worried about finding out what it is going to take to get it moving again. I am sure after 10 years up sitting the brakes are gone to hell and all the fluids are going to have to be changed to say the least. Can you post pictures? That might help as well with us giving you advice. From the sounds of it I don't think you'll be driving this by next weekend. Contact your local PCA region and ask what shop they would suggest. Best wishes - Jay
Old 05-01-2006 | 04:42 PM
bigschott180
7th Gear

I wish next weekend. I probably will not get to work on it till the summer, so this thread will die and you will most likely not hear from me for a while (if not problems arise). I just have one more question before this dies, and that is, what are your guys' recommendations for engine stands for working on this.
Old 05-01-2006 | 05:13 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...PTOOLS_pg2.htm

They have a couple of solutions, also look at the specialty tools for dropping & carting the engine or engine / trans combo.

You can check the other p-car specific parts places for the stand adapters as well.

Quick Reply: newbie crisis