Hershey Feedback ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:04 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,139 Likes on 814 Posts
Default Hershey Feedback ...

So what did you guys think ?

The weather really was awful and I just about had no time to look at the cars. By noon most of the vendors were packing up and leaving so it was pretty much over. Normally I spend the morning scrounging for parts and the afternoon looking at cars. Even most of the parts guys had there parts covered up due to the rain.
I did manage to get a few small parts ( fuel sender, high presure WW pump, relay, jack pad, new gas flap, oil filters, PS21, and a hood crest kit )
But overall was pretty dissapointed in the experience ( only caused by the weather ) . I hear next year it is going to be pushed back a week.

I sure hope so ..
ice
Old 04-24-2006, 09:54 PM
purple_rado
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was actually quite upset with how the swap meet turned out. i was excited to attend this particular show b/c ive finally managed to find a clean 951. i forced myself to bring it out for the weekend b/c the car has never seen rain in its almost 20yr 60k mile life but thought the car's meant to be driven and i can always wash it. we drove from columbus, ohio to hershey, PA with a few friends and a very accepting and loving g/f. anyway we got to hershey saturday morning around 330am slept and made it to the swap meet at just before 12 to find out there was honestly nothing there and only a few vendors left that hadnt packed up and gone home. last yr with the very same weather conditions, we got there at 7am and left at 4pm cause there was enough to see between the cars and all the things being sold to hold us all over for the day. i dont know im just souring about the whole weekend and to find out it was sunny and high 70's here in c-bus, ohio all weekend with no signs of rain.

my car sat in the owners lot beside the swap meet area all by its lonesome(stone grey 951 sans sunroof). it was still fun to drive out there with a few friends in their porsches and head home, bvut if there's any hint of rain for next year i'll sit that one out.

i too did manage to find some chromed d-90s for 60 bucks from some nice guys that im thinking about running on my vw corrado.
im hoping its better for next yr because every year that ive been its been rainy and miserable.
vic
Old 04-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Brian_77_3.6
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got there about 9:30 and was dissapointed at the number of Vendors compared to previous years. I guess the weather kept them away. However the few things I did buy I got great deals on cause the lack of traffic made the vendors anxious to deal. Lets hope for better weather next year.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:08 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,139 Likes on 814 Posts

I have been going there since ski round top , I think it was almost ten years ago when they moved to hershey. I always enjoy going , even when the weather is not the best, but this one just plane sucked.. if you had got their at 7:00am you may have done better. I got there about 2:30am and got to the meet around 7:00am, I may have pased you on the way out as I left just before noon. I am definitely hoping for better weather next year but I always plan for rain ..

Quick Reply: Hershey Feedback ...