Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Black 911 Speedster in Northeast Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 01:33 PM
waybrig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Black 911 Speedster in Northeast Ohio?

I was going for a drive in the Cuyahoga Valley near Akron with a couple of S2000's last night when we passed by what appeared to be a black 911 speedster. It was dusk so it was kind of hard to be sure, but I'm sure it was black and almost positive it was a Speedster. Does anybody know of such a car in Northeast Ohio?
Old 04-15-2003, 11:59 PM
photolaz
Advanced

Hi,

There's an 89 Speedster here in Canton Ohio. It's one that I keep telling the owner that I want to look at for possible purchase but hate to part with the 72 911T and the America Roadster and I sure don't need (want) another one. I would be kind of surprized that it would be the same one. It's more of a garage queen. This one is black with camel interior.

Tom
Old 04-16-2003, 02:51 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
hey guys, not to go off topic, but you might know since youre in ne ohio...

whens stoddards having their swap meet? ive looked on their website and asked people i know, and they are as clueless as i am. btw know of any other events coming up? (i know mid ohio is havin their vintage races and concours june 20, but other than that?)
Old 04-16-2003, 10:37 AM
waybrig
Instructor

Tom:

It certainly doesn't sound like the one in Canton if it's a true garage queen. This doesn't seem like a very "queen" sort of situation to encounter it. It sounds like the mystery continues.

Harry:

I'm very new to the Porsche crowd around here, just picking up my first in February, so I'm clueless about the Stoddard swap as well. I did check the Northern Ohio PCA website, but found no info.

Regarding other events, there is a drive scheduled to Ohio Rt. 26 (southeastern Ohio) in early June. This is not a Porsche specific event, but will be made up mainly of Honda S2000's. I plan on taking my 993 and there could possibly be a Viper and an NSX. This road is like your own personal racetrack if you've never heard of it. It was rated by Car and Driver as one of the 10 Best drivers roads in the US a few years back. If you don't mind mingling with Honda's, I'm sure you'd be welcome. Let me know if you'd like more info.

Brad

Quick Reply: Black 911 Speedster in Northeast Ohio?