Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Projects are taking over.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006 | 02:50 PM
ulrichd
Racer

Default Projects are taking over.

It's getting a litle out of hand. The pic is of my home office, where I make the money to keep me in food, clothing and the occasional trip to the old contry. Instead, now it's become a part haven for Heidi, my 78 SC.

Pictured are:
- Sun visors to be sent out to be refurbished
- 16x7 fronts to be sent out for repainting
- Dash topper to cover cracked Cork colored dash
- Door tops (from e-bay)

The dash project will need a plan B, as the dash topper just looks and feels too plastic (hey it was $70). The doors tops will go back up on ebay.

Ulrich
Old 04-18-2006 | 05:56 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Hey Ulrich

I did see someones car from this list who did soething close to waht you are thinking and it looked really smart. hopefully whoever it was will read this and post a pic. he had replaced the cork dash ( same as mine incidentally ) with a black one, replaced the door toppers and I think the back pieces to with with black and had black leather sport seats.

it looked really sharp ...

PS that's nuthin , you should have seen my whole house during my 8 month project .. my wife is still finding pieces.
Old 04-20-2006 | 05:26 PM
coldstart
Intermediate

My place is the same. I can't wait for my Pelicanparts order to come in (any day now-- it has been 2.5 weeks!), my new driving lights from Tom Dance AND a new set of seats (BMW recaros-- problems with Fedex and customs so still waiting for those). These cars are a never ending project but man are they fun to own!
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:11 PM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Default Sun Visors...

May I ask you where you will have your sun visors refurbished? I didn't know that could be done, but I would like to have mine done too.

My house looks like a pelican parts warehouse. I suppose I could hide stuff better, but shiny brake rotors in the living room are nice conversation pieces, aren't they?
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:39 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

James

Got this link from Ulrich

http://www.autosunvisors.com/

They quoted me 74.00 to refurbish my sun visors, they said they could not replace the vanity mirror and instead of the heat seal it would have a stitched edge or something like that.

I am considering it as I have had about enough of my puffer fish visors.

Quick Reply: Projects are taking over.