Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Home Depot protractor

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 02:28 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Home Depot protractor

Here is a tool I just bought at HD. It cost $8.96. It has a magnetic base and looks like the one in the the P workshop manual. You can set it on the door sill.

I bought it because I want to set the front ride height when I am done with the front end of my car. When I bought the car the rear looked fine but the front was way up in the air and the car looked like it was going uphill. By about 2-3 inches. I know about setting the ride height by taking measurements from the center of the wheel and the center of the t-bar to the floor and subtracting the difference, but I don't want to touch the rear torsion plate angles, so I plan on adjusting the t-bar adjusting screws at the front until the car is one degree downhill like p-spec says, and then taking the height to floor measurements.

By the way, I will change out the rear shocks prior to setting the height, and definitely plan on getting my alignment right away. Then it is time to drop the engine.

What do you all think of this height setting plan?
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2006, 12:20 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,139 Likes on 814 Posts

Thansk for the pic James I am in exactly the same boat as you , I can drop the front a little but am not up to re - indexing torsion bars... never did well in Trig in high school anywya . I think I will go get your tool though ... hmm that just didn't come out right ...

ice

Quick Reply: Home Depot protractor