Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Paintless dent removal in NYC metro area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 07:58 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Paintless dent removal in NYC metro area?

Sorry for posting here as I'm just a lowly 951 owner (jk), but the little dents are really annoying me...

My mech referred me to Dent wizard....who basically referred me to dealers... $99/panel if largest dent is quarter sized. The local Porsche dealer wanted $150/panel.
Thanks to parking at work, I have 2 dings on the hood, 3 or 4 on the passanger side door, 1 on the rear passanger side 1/4 panel, 1 on the nose panel and 1 on the front driver side 1/4 panel.
I'm gonna start parking somewhere else...this is ridiculus...There's no way for me to park better in that lot..I'm always centered/close to a wall or curb and as far away from other cars as possible.

That's $600 in paintless dent removal I'd be looking at!! A little pricey eh?

Does anybody know of a cheaper place for paintless dent removal in the Metro NYC area?

TIA
Old 02-26-2002, 09:12 PM
911 in Boston
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard Dent Wizard guys will free lance if you can combine your work when they are doing someone elses. I'd also offer cash. The reason for the "panel" pricing is because of the setup to reach behind the panel. Doors are tough as are dings high on the quarter panels. Your hood and trunk lids are a piece of cake and should hardly be considered a panel. The doors on the other hand do take some setup.
My experience with Dent Wizard was on a Subaru more bangd up than your 951. $300 for the car. Very good result.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:06 PM
Buffalo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a thought. I recently had my door panel off doing some work on the panel and pockets. I decided to try dent removal my self.

I used a couple of tools I already had i.e. a tool to install the splines when replacing screen on screen doors. Also a tool that is used on seems when installing wall paper. Both tools consist of rollers.

Rolling the tools back and forth on the affected area seemed to work pretty well.

Ding removal is expensive, so may be it would be worth a try. Little to lose in my opinion.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:02 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris Lovell, I'll swing by a dealer (dent wizard sent me to a few nearby dealers which I assume do the work for em..) and see what they want. Guys over on the 924/944 board said that PCA just did a tech-session type thing at a dent removal place and offered reduced rates....I'll see if I can get in on that still..

Buffalo, I have removed the door panel...but I don't think I want to try it. Maybe if I remove the door panel they'll charge me less?

thanks guys,
Adrial

(More responses always welcome )

Quick Reply: Paintless dent removal in NYC metro area?