Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Teardrop mirror wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:10 PM
mrd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teardrop mirror wiring

Just in process of buying a set of vgc teardrop mirrors with glass and gaskets but no wiring to replace my bashed flag mirrors on my '77 Carrera. Has anyone tried this and will the wiring interchange, if not is there a way of hooking them up to operate electrically. I suppose I should have checked this before buying!!

Thanks

Damien
Old 03-21-2006, 08:26 PM
inkyboy911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest even the pre-91 964's didn't even have the right wiring, it's a soldering job unfortunately matey!!

Very expesnive to get the full harness back for each door, not worth it IMO, just get a good autoelectrician and he'll sort it!!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:52 AM
mrd
Intermediate

Inky

Thanks for that, I lost the item on ebay at the last minute and with hindsight I am pretty relieved!!

What part of Scotland are you in, I stayed in Fife for a couple of years, I wish I had had my 911 then, some beautiful roads, spectacular scenery and a lot less traffic

Cheers

Damien
Old 03-23-2006, 11:13 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

If you do a search you will find a diagram for hooking them up or you can buy harnesses for $80 from Imagine Auto.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:22 AM
inkyboy911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrd
Inky

Thanks for that, I lost the item on ebay at the last minute and with hindsight I am pretty relieved!!

What part of Scotland are you in, I stayed in Fife for a couple of years, I wish I had had my 911 then, some beautiful roads, spectacular scenery and a lot less traffic

Cheers

Damien
I live on the West coast near Loch Lomond, which I grew up in, for 30 years so know the roads very well, if ya know what I mean!!

I wouldn't spend 160$ on them, I'd get the auto to do it by soldering them for way less than that if you do the prep work of removing the mirrors.

Allen key them loose but not off and then the mirror will just come off.

Quick Reply: Teardrop mirror wiring