Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Question on fender flares.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 09:27 AM
HJV11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Question on fender flares.

I am somewhat new to the 911 world but like to to do allot of homework before I start a project. I really like the "race" look on the 911's. I currently have an 86 911 narrow body. It does allot of local autox's and once I get an extra set or rims (soon) I will begin attending NASA/PCA/SCCA DE's and time trails.
Now to the question. I have seen the "bolt on" fender flares and really like the kind of raw look they give. First who sells them? Has anyone ever put them on a semi street car? Any pics? Would it just be cheesy or even RICE!?!?
I would love some opinions on this, I love the wide look and it would allow me to run wider tires.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:02 PM
Boxer 6
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT-Racing has bolt on fenders made out of fiberglass or carbon fiber. I'm doing exactly what you want to do in a couple of weeks. I ordered the carbon fiber fenders and bumpers for my 87 911 and plan on mounting them to my car using stainless steeel camloc fastners. I personally love IMSA look. I also will be using Fikse FM-10's rims 17"x9" front and 17"x11" in the back.

Boxer 6

Quick Reply: Question on fender flares.