Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Had dissapointing experience with vendor

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 01:14 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FrankyD (and Wayne D, AND Eli)

This is a little off topic, but pretty funny and very ironic.

I got BANNED from Pelican BBS when I had a problem fulfilling an order to another member of the BBS there.

The other guy (username: JimCry) blasted out to the Pelican list that I was a thief, that I stole his money, and proceeded to find every post I made,jump in, and announce to the world (that is... the small Pelican Parts BBS world) that Tony Garcia is a crook. He went on and on. Trashed the hell out of me, never once picking up the phone to call me and ask what was up.

For what? Someone at our shop accidently sold the part to someone else (a used Carrera oil cooler). (over the extended holidays which included for me, Jury Duty, Christmas, and New Year holiday no less...)

So we get the guy another oil cooler and start put together a kit for him, then decide to give him his money back because he cried to Mommy and Daddy so LOUD that it just wasn't worth trying to fulfill the order. Yes... a good 60 days go by. I take full responsibilty for the delay. Shoot me.

In the end, I felt bad that I had held the guys money for so long (60 days), and decided to not only send him a full refund in full (Wells Fargo Cashiers Check for $700)... but included in the package a nice used Carrera oil cooler. FREE!

So the guy gets a free Carrera oil cooler (do you think the jerk even called to say thanks?)

I'm banned. The jerk gets a free Carrera oil cooler (including free shipping) and ALL his money back. The guy never retracts any of the trash talk he posted about me publically. And I'm left as the bad guy.

Maybe Wayne D (Pelican) should be banned here?

Wayne's moderators certainly have no problem banning people or companies that don't jump through every possible hoop to make a disgruntled customer happy at any expense on his BBS.

John D? What's good for the Goose...

TonyG

Last edited by TonyG; 03-18-2006 at 05:53 AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:39 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Move on up....
Old 03-18-2006, 04:08 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

no idea re the issue, but it is illegal to hold someone's $$ for over 30 days I think. Pretty sure the Feds. passed a law on that a few years ago. You use of other guy at the shop indicates you are a commercial entity, so be careful re what the laws are, even if you are a small business.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Congratulations to Pelican Parts...
Old 03-18-2006, 06:32 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

randywebb

If you look at the original post, the parts were ordered from Pelican "early January". It's now after the middle of March. That's well over 60 days that Pelican Parts has held the guys money.

Now Pelican is going to charge him shipping both ways and a 15% "restocking" fee.

Like I said. If we applied Pelican's own BBS policy to Pelican, Pelican would be banned from Rennlist.

Am I incorrect? Where is John Dunkle?

At least in my situation, the buyer got a full 100% refund AND got the oil cooler for free. Big difference.

Yeah... congrats Pelican! Good job.

And with respect to selling these parts as a commercial entity. The sale was not done through the shop. The parts were not owned by the shop. The parts were owned by a group of us personally.

TonyG

Last edited by TonyG; 03-18-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:16 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Then Pelican would be liable too. Not sure how 'group' and 'personally' add up. My point is that small businesses need to be aware of consumer law just as much as employment law.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:49 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** happens life goes on, if you dont like the vendor you use then get a new one. i buy parts every day for the body shop i work at and i give a good 3 strike rule usually with most dealers and aftermarket comp. then i switch to a new place if im not happy.

ive never ordered from pelican myself and im not on their fourms but they seem fair. thought this situation makes me think they need a small smack on the wrist for so much confusion, and some disreguard of the customer. i personally would still buy from them. maybe just ask for some money off the kit too hey im all for bargining
Old 03-18-2006, 11:07 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

randywebb

>>>Not sure how 'group' and 'personally' add up<<<

Sorry. That sentance was not very clear. The point was that the shop did not own the parts nor was the shop selling the parts.

TonyG
Old 03-18-2006, 11:10 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

My87Targa

I agree with your point.

My point was that they hold one standard for people on their BBS, and another for themselves. A clear double standard.

And why shouldn't they be punished like I was? Seems to me my jerk customer got off WAY better than Pelican's did.

TonyG
Old 03-19-2006, 12:57 AM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyG
My87Targa

I agree with your point.

My point was that they hold one standard for people on their BBS, and another for themselves. A clear double standard.

And why shouldn't they be punished like I was? Seems to me my jerk customer got off WAY better than Pelican's did.

TonyG

yea doesnt really seem fair, but sometimes people will ban you over the smallest stuff. me personally i think its good to see legit complaints brought to public attention. this way now the comp can see what they need to fix, cuz maybe others have complaints too and just never spoke up about it. or on the other hand people chime in about how good a comp is doing and the person that was complaining sees that it was just a mishap and it will get fixed right, and the comp now knows what to fix while having a better understanding for how good they are doing and how to remain that way in the future.

i was told once you never get the attention for how good you do but for what you do wrong.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:37 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

I have read this thread with interest as I too just had a poor experience with a vendor. I ordered a weltmeister strut brace and received a "substitute" without any notification or discussion. I was not pleased and although myself and the vendor came to a mutual descision I was not happy. This for me was a warning, I used to deal with a vendor I had built a relationship with and trusted, I varied from this as I was attracted by a cheaper price and got burned. I guess the internet is like anything else, relationships can sometimes mean more than you might realize.

PS I intentionally did not mention the vendor as I think it is between me and them and although when this first happened I wanted to tell everyone , cooler heads prevailed.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:02 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

The bottom line is this:

Pelican Parts should be held to the EXACT same standard that I am held to.

There should not be different standards of acceptable behavior for different people.

Here is a comparision of the situation with TonyG and the situation with Pelican Parts:

TonyG - Seller held money held for 60 days, buyer received 100% refund, AND got the 911 Carrera oil cooler for free.

Pelican Parts - Seller is still holding money, for far longer than 60 days, will not refund 100% of money, intends to withhold 15%, and charge shipping both ways (for a total PENALTY of $135.00), and has not issued refund, has not shipped parts. Buyer is STILL without ANYTHING.

You tell me. If I was banned. Why in the heck shouldn't Pelican Parts be banned?

If it's because Pelican Parts is a Rennlist Site Sponser, then I have this to say, "John Dunkle. I will personally become a site sponser to replace any revenue lost for the calendar year if you proceed to hold Pelican Parts to the same standard that I was held to.

I have been a paying member on Rennlist for a LONG time (many years). And I've been a non-paying member of Rennlist at Rennlists very inception (and long before). And I was a member of the PorscheList and Porschephiles (spelling?) back then as well.

I don't expect Rennlist to suffer a single dollar loss, so I'm offerering to replace all of Pelican Parts advertising dollars, payable in full this the last week of March 2006 (which is this coming week).

There. Now Rennlist wouldn't suffer a dime in lost revenue by holding Pelican Parts to the same standard that Pelican Parts has held me to.

And to ensure that Rennlist does not suffer future lost revenue, I will, and/or me AND SpeedGallery (our shop) will buy advertising for the next five (five) years to ensure that there is no economic harm done to Rennlist.

Therefore there is no economic reason to hold back.

Fair is fair.

I've got the cash.

Let me know.

TonyG

Last edited by TonyG; 03-20-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We’re all grown folks aren’t we?

Tony,

Although we appreciate the publicity after we’ve already resolved this customer’s issue according to his request I can only believe you’re using this opportunity to tap into someone else’s well.

Why don’t you E-mail Wayne personally if you’d like to be allowed back into the Pelican community. By bumping and crawling around on this thread it would appear that you have an alternate agenda.

By the way: Mr FrankyD was not charged for the merchandise in the photo, which was in our possession, he was only charged for merchandise, which was in his possession. Wishful thinking on your behalf Tony, but then again what good is your input without some exaggeration.

We’re all grown folks aren’t we? Just to reiterate if you have an issue over being banned from the Pelican BBS E-mail Wayne directly, there is no need to drag our your dirty laundry on the boards.

Contact Information:
Eli (General Manager): eli@pelicanparts.com
Wayne (CEO): wayne@pelicanparts.com
Old 03-20-2006, 04:24 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts
Default Time to close this thread ?

Could someone PLEASE close this thread before it gets out of hand, people are getting emotional and that is when things escalate quickly.

Thanks

ice
Old 03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Blah -

Quick Reply: Had dissapointing experience with vendor