Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

This is a dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 11:52 AM
rentadate
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is a dumb question

Last night I was going through making sure that the taillights were working because my dad saw me driving and they weren't on. So inside the garage I go and find out that the lightbulbs are a little loose. It looks like it was held in place by aluminum foil. (That's genius!) But it doesn't seem to stay very well, hence me in the garage at 9PM on a sunday with school work piling up, and a neglected nagging girlfriend on the phone.

I was looking through all the pcar books NONE of them have the correct light bulb size to go into the thing. So the car now sits in the garage because I can't get a correct light bulb size.

I thought it was #1157, but it doesn't seem to be long or wide enough to fit in the housing.

Does anyone know what the correct light bulb # for a 75 911?

Sorry for the dumb question.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
stormmaster
Instructor

It may very well be the little spring metal strip at the bottom of the housing needs to be pulled up....That was the problem with mine....1157s are the correct bulb...just be careful not to pull too hard on the metal strip with needlenose or you will be replacing the housing....
Old 03-13-2006, 12:42 PM
lostinatl
Instructor

I have found the aluminum foil on my bulbs (one) as well. Changed it w/a new one and no problem. But for the last year I have been having a problem with the turn signal light on my 87 300TD and the bulb is very loose....and I was it was a bad ground because I have adjusted the tab on the bottom and it still goes out. I just may wrap it with aluminum foil and see if it solves the problem.

Quick Reply: This is a dumb question