84 door glass MIA

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:07 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 door glass MIA

Well, guess I can't put it off any longer & just not go into the drive-thrus... the driver's door glass went "thunk" into the door today. Great way to start your morning. At least it's not supposed to rain until tomorrow. Unfortunately my shop bay's taken up with a non-running roller project car right now, and my home garage bay gives me all of 6" of clearance.

So, I have the "remove the door panel" how-to, does anyone have a good photo of how things are SUPPOSED to look in there, under normal conditions? Thanks!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:21 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

All set folks, it was a whole lot easier than I imagined, with the exception of the wiring on the window switches. I took lots of photos of the door innards, but did have one question for those in the know:

Is the white plastic piece at the bottom rear of the door supposed to be a friction-type clamp to hold the door down in place in the track, or is it gravity only? If there's supposed to be some squeeze & it's slightly worn, leading to the pop-out in the first place, would a thin bead of sealant at the glass / horizontal track bottom be sufficient to retain it, or is a new assembly required?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:38 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Update:
Well, after days of working flawlessly, the glass hung up & popped out of the track again today, so the door panel's coming off again.

Anyone have any additional info or ideas on the cause? TIA!

Quick Reply: 84 door glass MIA