Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

2002 C4S -popping out of 1st Gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006 | 12:54 AM
kelanders
2nd Gear

Default 2002 C4S -popping out of 1st Gear

Anyone have the same problem? I remember hearing this was an issue on 2002 C4S Turbo's but can't find the thread.
Also, I think the clutch slips when I first drive the car after it has been sitting for a while. I suspect the tranny is leaking and not sure I am getting the straight story from the dealer.

I had the tranny worked on at 15M where there was an oil leak. Supposedly repaired.
Old 02-19-2006 | 07:46 PM
H. Miller
Racer

You may want to try this thread on the 996 forum.
Old 02-19-2006 | 08:07 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Well It isn't uncommon to have a bad tranny that pops out of gear, usually second, the turbo's were notorious for it, but thats a different tranny than in thc C4-C4S, it will need a box as Porsche won't let you (the dealer) go into them. As far as it having to do with the oil leak repair, more than likely completely unrelated.

You will notice , if the clutch is gone, that the pedal will be abnormaly stiff and release closer ro the floor.

You just better hope you haven't "abused" you car, given the dealer that services it bad CSI surveys, and are the original owner, because dealers LOVE to cry abuse and not warranty a box.

How many miles are on it? Where do you live? If you live in Socal, I can recommend a friendly dealer if you PM me. While they replace the box, buy a clutch kit at the same time, the parts are around $700 (double that if you need a flywheel) but you will save $800 or so in labor by doing it while PCNA is paying the labor bill.

Quick Reply: 2002 C4S -popping out of 1st Gear