Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

fix for ugly wheel scratches?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 12:59 PM
texas chris
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy fix for ugly wheel scratches?

I had one of the rear wheels off my car yesterday while working on the brakes. I had the wheel leaning up against the wall and accidentally knocked it over. Now I have a big hideous scratch on my beautiful wheel! The wheels are newer 17" C2 Turbo style. I'm not sure if they are original or clones since the P.O. bought them. They are silver and have some sort of special finish on them to make them extra glossy. Does anyone know how this can be repaired (or at least covered up a little)? I can't tell you all how upset I am about this. Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated
Old 11-12-2001, 06:55 PM
jeff bryant
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

call the guys at wheelenhancement.com.

good luck!
Old 11-13-2001, 12:07 AM
Gary J. Spinella
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget Wheelenhancement try Weidmans Wheels in Oroville,CA. The owner is Harvey Weidman does the work himself and is not only a total professional but a gentleman as well. Harvey refinished my 88 Carrera wheels in Grand Prix White plus anodized them and they look tremendous. Also, his wife hand paints the centers and they are a piece of art.

No, I am not affliated with Harvey but I thought I should mention my pleasure with his work.
Old 11-13-2001, 05:08 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile

Send your wheel out to Al Reed @ Al Reed Polishing in Anaheim, CA. He does excellent work and has the support and patronage of a large number of Porsche folk throughout the west, especially in SoCal. He has done several polishing jobs for me, and in fact, I am dropping off a set of Cup Wheels for him to refinish for me this week.

Al and Diane Reed
Reed Polishing
3010 E. Colorado, Unit "A"
Anaheim, CA 92627
714 632 3907

PS Ask for the "Feather Merchant's Discount"!
And tell Al and Diane that Marty from San Diego sent you. THey have done such great work for me and my friends, I try to send them as much business as possible.

Quick Reply: fix for ugly wheel scratches?