Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

bursch headers & Megaphones

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Fear_Loathing
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bursch headers & Megaphones

If I install bursch headers and mega phones on my 1979SC is there going to be any sound deading or is it it a straight through shot? Do I need the two new oil lines? The prices for this equipment is quite a bit cheaper at Vertex rather than Pelican. Is there a difference in the quality?

Thanks John
Old 02-08-2006, 04:12 PM
stormmaster
Instructor

Bursch tends to be lower quality stuff....thats why it is so cheap.....the megaphones are straight through....your neighbors will hate you....but the cops will love you...not sure what oil lines you are talking about...
Old 02-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Bursch being lower quality? That's too bad. They've been doing Porsche exhausts since the 356 - and as far as I know, they where THE one to get for the 356. I even recently called the shop to inquire about an exhaust for the Boxster. I spoke with the owner, the same guy who has had it since the 356. I kind of liked that personal contact and wanted to give him business in the future because of it. Unfortunately, he did not have a Boxster one then - and I don't know if he has one now.

He's in the Pasadena, California area. You can call them up and ask him anything about what exhausts you want for your car. He may even have alternatives you haven't found elsewhere.

His name is Doug and his number is 626 440-0440.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:30 PM
stormmaster
Instructor

lower quality compared to stainless.....yes they have been around forever.....and yes they make good stuff....didnt mean to imply differently....i had a bursch system on my 914 years ago....and on a bug that i had
Old 02-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Brian_77_3.6
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ran a Bursch system on a 3.2 carrera and it certainly made the power band wider and more even then the stock exhaust. It also worked well when I replaced the chip and put a Mass Air Flow on with a cone filter. Had stock heat exchangers on the car. However had to reweld the brackets a couple of times over those years.

Quick Reply: bursch headers & Megaphones