Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Baby seat in a 911 fits good

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006 | 10:50 AM
jsabatini
Drifting

Default Baby seat in a 911 fits good

Who needs a mini-van when a fimily of 4 fits nicely in a 911. Plenty of room for the family, with room in the boot for an umbrella stroller and a diaper bag. What else do you need. Life is good!

John Sabatini
Old 02-06-2006 | 11:34 AM
jsabatini
Drifting

Default OK mods, why is this thread in here 3 times.

Please delete 2 of them.
Old 02-06-2006 | 06:40 PM
ChemMan
Pro

Wow. You are my hero. I plan on copying you this summer. Just one question with all that stuff in there, can you still fit a milk bottle in there!!???!!
Old 02-07-2006 | 02:49 PM
Ty Smith
Instructor

Love the picture. I need a seat that fits correctly for my 6 year-old boy. I have a 95 993, I think they have the exact rear seats.. What make/model seat is it?

He has only been in the car a few times. The last time he was in it he got car sick.. he had a tough walk home... just kidding..
Old 02-07-2006 | 03:04 PM
redidrum
Pro

John,

I've been hauling my kids in Porsches for years. I trimmed down a small car seat that fit very well. As you can see by the picture they are getting bigger with no car seats needed. Kids love Porsches! I picked them up at school yesterday and I was first in line. They always yell back at their friends and say "na, na,--- na, na ,na!".

Ron
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2006 | 03:47 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Default Cosco High Back Booster

Originally Posted by Ty Smith
What make/model seat is it?
What I found was that there are several inexpensive baby seats out there that have a narrow base which fit real nice in one of the rear jump seats. One Rennlister recomended a Graco Comfort Sport seat which I found at Target for $79.99. I ended up going even cheaper with a Cosco High Back Booster at $48.99. There was even a cheaper Cosco for $38.99 but they were out of stock.

The key is getting a baby seat with LATCH clips. At first I removed the bolts which hold the seat belt in place and replaced with eye-bolts (like what are used for racing harnesses). Hooked the LATCH clips up to the eye-bolts and was good to go. Only problem is the eye bolts are a little big for the LATCH clips and it is difficult un-clipping the seat. Now I am going to use the baby seat anchors out of our Volvo. That way I can still keep the seat belts in place and it is easier to get the baby seat in and out.

My only question is are you sure you need a booster for a 6 year old in the rear jump seat? My 5 year old daughter fits just fine in the rear seat w/o booster. The Cosco High Back Booster I got is a booster for bigger kids, has a 5 point harness for little ones, but as a booster you need to use the factory 3 point harness which the rear of my '87 911 does not have. If the rear seats on a 993 have three point, then the Graco High Back Booster would be great.

Another option is to search e-bay for "Porsche baby seat". There was a booster seat on there last week for kids 37 pounds and up with a starting bid of $25.

If it is just me and my daughter, since the '87 does not have airbags, I will put her up front in the passenger seat with a standard booster bottom and use the three point harness.

John Sabatini
Old 02-07-2006 | 04:22 PM
roxy2l2s
1st Gear

Nice family car !
Here's a picture of mine, i now plan to buy a porsche - prince baby seat, some are sometimes for sale on ebay and seem better engineered than mine.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Baby seat in a 911 fits good