Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 SC delivery from hell.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 08:29 PM
ulrichd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 911 SC delivery from hell.

Bought my 78 SC on the 14th of December and eagerly awaited its delivery before the holidays.

The dealer is WestCoast Autosport near San Francisco (very nice to deal with, check out their inventory at westcoastautosport.com). I bought the red one still on the site. Delivery to Houston was expected to take 4-5 days. The first transport company didn't show up for the first pick-up and a re-scheduled one. By now a week had passed and the holidays were fast approaching. The second transport co. picked up the car on the 26th and I thought I might enjoy a drive before New Years.

No such luck. While in LA to pick up another car the transporter truck broke an axle. Long story short it is still there awaiting parts, hopefully Monday. I was given the option of having the car moved onto another truck, to save a few days, but I declined not knowing who would move the car.

The dealer and the transport company are not at fault, I am just venting frustration. I've wanted a 911 since I was a small kid and now my dream seems so close at hand.

Ulrich
Old 01-04-2006, 09:12 PM
wholberg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fly out, have it checked out by a good mechanic, and drive it home.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Real
Instructor

Continue to be patient friend. Just think...soon you will be behind the wheel of one sweet automobile. I can remember the anticipation of finally getting the car I wanted since I was a kid...hang in there man, it's going to be great.

Post some pics of your own when it arrives (after that first ride, of course).
Old 01-04-2006, 09:36 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

makes you want to hitchhike to LA doesn't it?
hang in there
Old 01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

It'll be nice to have another 911 in town. I live in League City. What part of town are you in?
Good luck with the transport. If you need some help in LA let me know, my brother works for Beverly Hills Porsche and he knows a few transport people.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:08 AM
NiATE
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

We have a couple dozen customer cars here, and without question, the most frustrating part of what we deal with is transport. Better to have troubles before your car is loaded, than after though! Enjoy your new ride.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:02 PM
ulrichd
Racer

It'll be nice to have another 911 in town. I live in League City. What part of town are you in?

I'm in the Heights - the 911 joins my 2003 Cooper S. I look forward to meeting some local owners. Any good small Porsche shops in town. I only know Swiss Garage on W. Alabama and Eurocar Werks (why are foreigns shops forever torturing German in their names?

Ulrich
Old 01-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ulrichd,

I know the feeling man!!! I bought my 930 about two months ago. Two weeks before I picked her up, I saw her for the first time, had her checked out, drove her, and made the deal. (Incidentally, the car was located in Houston!!!).

I took me TWO WEEKS to finally get a ride out to Houston to pick her up!!! Those were the longest two weeks of my life!!! And the car was only 250 miles away!!! Every night I just imagined her sitting in the PO's garage just waiting for me to pick her up...

Trust me, the first drive will make the wait well worth it...Enjoy the anticipation, there is no time like the first time....
Old 01-05-2006, 04:24 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I found a real nice, little shop in Pearland called EP Tuning. It's a one man band. The guys name is Rob Baylor and he's always been honest and fair with me. He loves air cooled Porsches. I visited EuroCar Works once and the guy was a jerk. Maybe he was having a bad day or something but he reminded me of a Porsche primadona.
Let me know when you get your car and we'll hook up somewhere.
Chad
Old 01-05-2006, 08:01 PM
VinnyC
Racer

Funny, I was told the exact same excuse by some transport company. Those trucks must have weak axles. There is like one truck for every 100 "Brokers" and their service SUCKS. Pickup and delivery dates are vague and unreliable.

I recently used exotic car transport and found their service to be EXCELLENT.
Enclosed transport can be double the price, but these guys are reliable. You can easliy pay $1.00 - 1.50 mile, but as always, you get what you pay for.

Now I would never use any other way to get a car from point A to point B.
Compaines like Exotic Car transport, Intercity, and Goldrush are far more reliable and trustworthy.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ulrichd
Bought my 78 SC on the 14th of December and eagerly awaited its delivery before the holidays.

Ulrich
Hi Ulrich...any kind of transportation is messy during the holidays...control your anxiety and you'll be soon reunited with your car...I took a look...car looks sweet...kill some time on eBay looking for owner's manual, sales literature, a vintrage key ring, license plate frame...and on and on and on...
Old 01-06-2006, 05:47 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

everything is messy during christmas and new year. Better buy before or after.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:13 PM
tom231
Intermediate

Default Eurocar-Werk Houston Porsche Shop

Ulrich-Tom from Houston. I have been using Eurocar-Werk for over 10 years.
They have taken care of everything from my wife's 1963 356 B to my
1973 Carrera RS to my 993 Twin Turbo. Eric is the owner and he is great to work with. When you call there, he answers the phone and is happy to answer any questions you have. I know they have been there for over 30 years.
I live in West University. There number is 713-661-6428. thanks, Tom
Old 01-06-2006, 07:47 PM
ulrichd
Racer

Thanks for the info. This is really a great board.

Ulrich
Old 01-06-2006, 10:46 PM
tom231
Intermediate

Default Details of your SC

Ulrich-Tom from Houston again. Please tell me the details of your SC, ie...color, miles, ect...When do you think it will come in. thanks, Tom

Quick Reply: 911 SC delivery from hell.