Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Need hints on installing Momo steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 11:38 PM
artman898989
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need hints on installing Momo steering wheel

I know, it is a fairly straightforward procedure, but I just cannot seem to get it right. Am unable to get my signals turn off correctly and horn to operate (it is intermittent). Mainly, how did you all attach/connect the contact in the column to the new momo horn contact ring and or button? Did you simply wire the bronze column contact to the new ring or button? If so, how did you do this without having the wire pulled everytime wheel is turned. Hopefully anyone who has done this knows an answer. Sorry so long. Thanxs ahead to everyone that responds.

ARTHUR. . .
ps: will have a mint '83 3 spoke steering wheel to anyone who needs it. Just make an offer.
Old 11-10-2001, 09:41 AM
Roland Kunz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello

Sound like you didnīt mount the electric contact adaptor from the old wheel.

This unit has a contactring for the Horn and a "Finger" to reset the flasher lever.

Momo need a adapterplate to center the Horn Button. The plate is ground for the contact. If you donīt have it you have to bend the Horn Button contacts ( They are working also as spring to center/hold the Button ) more outwards.

This stuff is from Italy so donīt except it will work They only make things to look good.

Grüsse

Quick Reply: Need hints on installing Momo steering wheel