Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

While I have the rear deck/seat panel off...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Lost in the South

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default While I have the rear deck/seat panel off...

I'm pulling out my rear deck/seat panel to repair the vinyl and mount some 3-point seat belts (link to the retractable belts available for an 85 Carrera... http://www.peparts.com/Detail.bok?no=60) and need thoughts from the stereo experts out there. While the panel's out, I'd like to add better speakers to go with the decent in-dash CD/tuner already installed. My door speakers are Xplode brand (should I be embarrassed by that?) and don't sound that great so any thoughts there would be appreciated. I want good sound but not the obnoxious speaker look so prevalent today. The belts are costing $300 for the pair so I'd like to keep the speakers under $100 if possible. Thanks all.

Any other projects I can tackle while I have things taken apart?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't know if the speakers from a 3.2 are the same as a 964, but I just bought some Infinity Reference 6412CFP 4" X 6" two-way speakers from eBay (US$32.27) as replacement rear speakers.

They are a drop-in replacement for the tired stock speakers and popular with the 964 group as no drilling/dremelling is required. I'm told they sound great but have not installed them yet.

Marc

Quick Reply: While I have the rear deck/seat panel off...