Blinker Short

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Fassi
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Blinker Short

Hi all,

My front driver's sider flasher has a bad short that fries the fuse instantly. The rear is working fine, but blinks fast. I tried changing the bulb, but it didn't work. Where should I begin looking? Thanks. And forgive me if this is a repost, it didn't seem to work the first time.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:01 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After removing the lens and bulb, it there are dual contacts, check to see that the two contacts are not touching. I believe the bulb has two contact points, one is the turn signal and the other is the parking light. Anyway, my 88 Carrera had the same problem, only on the rear. Somehow the two metal contact strips in the small housing got bent over toward each and were touching. This caused a dead short and kept blowing the fuse.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:04 AM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had this same problem and it drove me nuts. I tried a lot of things and even took it to two garages, who were both stumped. It ended up being that one of the connectors was just a tad loose. Pull the assembly out as far as you can and wiggle the connectors a bit. That way you'll probably scratch any corrosion off and you'll tighten the connection a bit. It's one of those things that seems impossible, but can be repaired by something very small and easy.

Quick Reply: Blinker Short