theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,114 Likes on 796 Posts

Shark .. do tell .
Old 04-02-2006, 11:33 PM
bmcallister
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to Robert Neal over the phone when I was in the early stages of my purchse process. The car I was interested in was "just sold." I looked about a month later at his website and noticed it was still posted. I called to inquire, and Robert did state that he only has cars removed from the site every six months. This is perhaps an odd policy - not exactly a bait and switch, but certainly generates more inquiries for him than simply posting currently available inventory - but he was upfront about it. He did state that he would take the car to any shop of my choice within a reasonable distance for a PPI and a leak down.

Let's face it, it is foolhardy to purchase any Porsche car without a leak down and PPI. The convenience Victory offers (and for which they charge a premium) is a decent selection of cars in one place. It is up to the buyer to have it checked out properly. How hard can that be? Isn't it worth it? Even with a great PPI / leak down, expect to pay a couple thousand the first year to sort things out. If you budget for that and avoid having to pay for it, then great! If you have to shell out the money, consider it part of the cost of ownership and an investment in all of the fun you will have with the car in the future.

We are not talking about used Honda Accords here!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:39 PM
bmcallister
Instructor

BTW - I did not purchase a car from him, nor did I have a PPI / leak down done. This was for no reason other than the fact that I thought it was more fun to do the legwork on my own and find my car myself. I felt that it was far more interesting, and a significant learning experience, to do so.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:15 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

This guys reputation seams to be trashed on just about every board.. stil I like looking at Porsches and would definitely drop by if I was in the area .. I guess it's the ' everyone looks at car wrecks thing "

ice
Old 04-03-2006, 01:00 AM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ice

I have gone to Houston 5 - 6 times in the last 3 years & never felt the need to visit. Used car salesman . . . well, say no more.

Ian
Old 04-03-2006, 10:24 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

cool ..
Old 05-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Victory MC
3rd Gear

Default Re: Negative Forum Posts

Attn: ALL

I suppose this response has been long over due, but I feel the need to address all the negative comments that have been posted on certain online forums. I seem to get the idea that I’m reading the same stories, posted by the same guys under several different aliases; otherwise, they’re just outsiders making some pretty amateur assumptions.

I would first like to begin by letting the world know Victorymotorcars lives in a glass house. Our doors are open and you are welcome to come see the Porsches for yourself. In fact, I encourage you to see our state-of-the-art facility! EVERY single purchaser has the opportunity to view their car before purchase, drive their car before purchase and have a professional look at their car before purchase. All of my inventory is sold as/is because they are not under factory warranty. These models were produced anywhere from 11 to 48 years ago. I must reiterate that the vehicles for sale are NOT new. It has been my business model to obtain the best examples possible for my clients. I have been in this line of work for the past 35 years, doing the same thing, operating in the same city! Victorymotorcars Service is doing a wonderful job servicing all models. We use a Porsche factory checklist to ensure all functions work properly and conditional wear is at or above minimal guidelines. We also encourage you to speak with a seasoned professional technician at our facility if your have any questions or concerns. I insist on keeping the lines of communication open with our customers. Our standard contact information is displayed to easily reach us 24/7.

I’ve read all the malicious words, and I honestly find it very hard to believe what’s being said. Basic logic should give way to the numbers. Of all these postings I have counted 10 actual customers, of which 4 are unhappy. Further examination shows less than 1% of forum bloggers have truly even purchased from Victorymotorcars. In all my years I have acquired over 10,000 clients and possibly handfuls have proven to be dissatisfied. I’ve recently asked my clients to submit their letters of real time experience online, yet some of you still continue to speak hearsay amongst yourselves. I can only hope to end the reverberation of those same dated stories. It’s never been necessary to point fingers. You have resources and opportunities before purchase to figure out what you’re getting into. It’s elementary procedure to do your homework. What you purchase is your discretion. I can give you my fair opinion, but it truly comes down to “the eye of the beholder”. No one is trying to cheat any one—just a fair product at a fair price. Do the math, and then do your homework.

Kind Regards,
Robert Neal
President, Victorymotorcars
Old 05-12-2009, 11:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

WOW the guy digs up a post over 2 years old ...

too funny...
Old 05-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

It's simple, used car dealers are being slammed in this economy and they have to do whatever damage control (and advertise at the same time) they can. It's so special that after 4 years of being slammed Mr. Neal graces this forum with his appearance, if he had 1/2 a brain he would have acknowledged Pelican long ago. This site can destroy someone, like it or not, and any businessman that had his head out of his butt would know it. it takes a 90% drop in sales for some people to wake up.

And no, i'm not a disgruntled customer... just a disgruntled regular guy.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Robert, my take is this, some of your service records don't match the cars? Also your prices on all of your cars is awfully high. Which is odd because some of your cars are not low mileage. Your reputation is not really undeserved with certain clients.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:12 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

some guys just like to poke there heads up out of the trench during a war i guess..... some places you hear lots of positive stories from and you draw conclutions, others .. well not so positive. But at the end of the day mr. neal has to recognise there is LOTS of smoke .. and where there is smoke .....
either way you have to think the people who have had not so good experiences are going to come here and refresh everyone ....
letting sleeping dogs lie maybe ?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why now? Why when we've been rather polite for the last couple years? I hope you are here to contribute to the overall good of the forum. Perhaps you could tell us how to watch out for Internet scams. If you are here to sell cars then Internet Brands and yes, Roger Penske himself would like a few bucks from you first.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Neal posted the exact same thing over on the Pelican Parts BBS yesterday. Seems he is getting pounded everywhere.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 AM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't really comment on the quality of VMs cars, but I do know that once upon a time I spoke with them on the phone and we made an agreement to sell me a car at a certain price. As I was preparing to send him the money the next day, he called me and said the deal was off because he received a higher offer locally.

No big problem, because there are a lot of places to buy old Porsches.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:17 AM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe next the MotorMeister guys will come along to say how they've been wronged on forums, etc.

Quick Reply: victory motor cars