Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Removal of outside door trim

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 02:06 PM
hjensen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removal of outside door trim

I am going to have a paint job done to my '84 3.2 carrera and I'm wondering how to take off the outside black door trim adjacent to the window along the length of the door wittout braking/bending/damage it?

Thanks in advance

Henning
Old 11-09-2005, 02:17 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is held in with clips. They just pop out. Besure to cover the paint and the part with a rag or tape and use a flat item to remove it. Go slowly to ensure you don't bend it.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Barry A. Waters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hjensen,

Spider911 is right on target. The strip just pulls straight up & away from the door. Work slowly and heed his paint warning. It doesn't take much force. Once the strip is out the clips may be free to 'slide' along the trim piece so be sure to align them with the holes in the door before attempting to replace the strip.

Barry
Old 11-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Barry A. Waters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hjensen,

Oh, and since you're going to have them out you may want to consider replacing the inner window 'fuzzy' strip and outer window squeege (sp!) strip on both sides when you get it back from the painters. They have ususally deteriorated badly by this time (especially the inner 'fuzzy' strip - mine was all but GONE) and they are not all that expensive.

Helps keep the innards of the door dry and that's a GOOD thing. Several EXPENSIVE parts in there!

Barry

Quick Reply: Removal of outside door trim