Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Dealing with a tough seller--what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005 | 12:03 PM
papaya9
Instructor

Thanks guys. Definitely too much for a car that definitely has issues!
Old 11-08-2005 | 07:02 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by papaya9
Thank each of you for your intelligent and humorous responses. You're great!

I won't be contacting the SC owner anymore. He seems to be the type that shuts you down when he realizes he's not going to get what he (unrealistically) wants. Also, he's selling the car to finance an 80's ferrari as it turns out.
I hear many of you really pushing the Carrera over the SC. Is there a significant advantage to having a Carrera? I love the SC---I have sentimental reasons for owning one since it was the first Porsche I have ever driven. Great memories. But I will consider the Carreras if you really think there is a major difference with the SC.
Thank you guys again,

Curt
I also had started out looking fo an SC, then gravitated to a Carrera, then eventually ended up with a nice, low miles SC. There reallr aren't night and day differences between the cars. The brakes are better on the Carrera, but the SC brakes IMO for this vintage are spectacular! The car wakes up nicely with a backdated exhaust system, and in my PCA track days, I easily pass 3.2 Carreras and 964 cars. My lighter SC makes up a ton of ground in twisty infield sections, and with the SSI/Monty exhaust package, I more than hold my own in the straights as well. Love my SC!
Old 11-09-2005 | 11:37 AM
Jay H
Drifting

I've had an '86 3.2 that I still miss even after selling it 5 years ago. My brother has two '83 SC's that I drive regularly. The SC's and 3.2's (915 equiped 3.2's anyway) drive very similar. I feel the 3.2's will dawdle around town at lower rev's easier than the SC's, but they both pull nicely as rev's rise.

Check out my car in my link below. If I were to sell it, I'd be hard pressed to get $22k to $23k for this car. It's a '90 with 33k on it in concours condition. So, an SC for $20k or more is insane unless it's completely stock, has extremely low miles and needs nothing major in the way of mechanicals or cosmetics.

Jay
90 964
Old 11-10-2005 | 10:38 AM
papaya9
Instructor

Drew And Jay,

Thank you much. Stuck on the SC and will eventually get one! I just hate waiting.... Arrgh!

Curt
Old 11-10-2005 | 01:02 PM
redidrum
Pro

Curt,

Sent you a PM. Please respond soon. I have some ideas.

Ron

Quick Reply: Dealing with a tough seller--what should I do?