SWB owners: Any interest in Wevo SPS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default SWB owners: Any interest in Wevo SPS?

I have been in touch with Hayden Burvill of Wevo regarding the availability of their Spring Plate System (SPS) for the SWB cars. Here is his answer:

"Our manufacturing batches are relatively small ~ 40 car-sets, so making a
short run for the SWB cars is not out of the question once the appropriate
packaging and engineering is completed. You are the first to inquire so we
are not really aware of the interest for that application.

I would be interested to know what sort of batch qty. would satisfy the SWB
market."

I would like to help him get an idea of whether or not there is sufficient interest in such a production effort among the small group of SWB owners who are more interested in performance than originality. I am going to post this message to the 3 main Porsche sites (Rennlist, PP, and Early S Registry) to elicit responses from possible serious buyers. If you would purchase this product at $900/pair, please respond to me by email.

For those who are perhaps not familiar with the Wevo SPS here is Hayden's description and a pic:

"The WEVO Spring Plate System (WEVO SPS) is a complete upgrade for the rear suspension of torsion bar 911's. It replaces the stock spring plate with an easy ride height adjustable version that features a snubbing screw to avoid un-noticed rotation of the ride height set screw that can occur with other designs. The rubber bushes that carry the spring plate are replaced with a large, sealed ball bearing and a large needle roller bearing - also captured behind a seal. When installed with a "monoball kit" for the inner pick-up this design results in a virtually friction free assembly. The system eliminates traction robbing stiction from the rear trailing arm motion, allows for easier corner weight set-up and actually provides a smoother ride than some of the other performance oriented bearing solutions."

There is only one adjustable springplate solution available currently for our SWB cars (from Weltmeister/Sway-Away) and I have found it lacking in several ways. If the Elephant Racing polybronze bushings are used with them, some of the shortcomings are solved, but not all of them. The Wevo pieces are expensive, but very high quality, and I would like to see enough people interested in them to justify a production run by Wevo. It may be a pipe-dream, but please let me know.

Thx,
TT
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: SWB owners: Any interest in Wevo SPS?