Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

904 replica

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005 | 06:31 PM
David R. Schlegel
Intermediate

Default 904 replica

Scratch this if too far off topic - Tom McBurnie's Thunder Ranch is introducing a 904 replica soon. I'm not a kit car fan, but I know McBurnie's cars have a good history and would like to hear from anyone having personal experience w/his products. I can't afford a genuine 904 & would probably fear to drive it, but a well done replica of that beautiful car as a daily driver peaks my interest.
Old 10-27-2005 | 04:56 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Is that the same group as Beck of the Beck 550? I presume it is not. Because Beck is coming out with a 904 car too - much like his 550, but with slick improvements and designed for a 911 engine. There were pictures in one of the magazines recently. It looks awesome. For a kid who grew up thinking he would have a 904 (or Bugatti Type 35) for an everyday car, the Beck 904 sure looms large in the horizon.
Old 11-05-2005 | 12:18 PM
GTS
AutoX

Well Beck began developing his 904 than sold it to Avanti in GA, now he is coming out again with it,s own produced car which is also much improved.
The Avanti car is put together with no love for details only for the quick buck........we had problems putting seats into the car that fit an average driver...too many flaws....
I believe Beck's car will be much better and detailed.
And there is the British version of Winter &.....down to the last detail,but also down to the last Cent you can spent.....but a great looking car and hard to trace from an original.
regards Stefan GTS-classics.com

Quick Reply: 904 replica