Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Recovering SC seats/ Any quality kits available ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:46 PM
logg
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recovering SC seats/ Any quality kits available ??

I need to get my SC seats up to snuff to make my interior look nice. Can anyone tell me where to purchase a nice quality upholstery kit from. A friend of mine had his done in "German Vinyl" and it was very thin and cheap looking. I would like to find the actual pinstriped material for inserts but have not had any luck. Anybody purchased a kit they where impressed with and if so , from whom ?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:36 PM
bourgeois911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been considering trying these guys out, kind of waiting for winter though.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:03 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Original fit interiors does nice work, in leather,cloth or leather.

John is a one-man band and you can;t be in a hurry to get the material.

I ordered a German material carpet set for my 911 and I was very pleased with the quality and fit. John was always very helpful and patient when questions came up. The carpet set came about a month after it was promised,which is about right in the winter, I understand so plan accordingly.

Oh, and remember, new seat covers may require new foam and may make your carpet set look old...it never ends!
Old 10-22-2005, 08:24 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will NEVER use Original Fit Interiors again. Not only was he VERY late (by that I mean months) in delivering the products, he consistently lied to me whenever I'd call to inquire about shipment (of course, that's when I could get him on the phone. Most of the time I couldn't.). Then, when the fiberglass door pockets arrived, they had glue on the carpet. Finally, when I tried to fit them to door, they weren't even close. Original Fit will never see another penny from me.

If I need interior products, I'll go with World Upholstery (www.worlduph.com), Autos International (www.autosintl.com) or Autobahn Interiors (www.autobahninteriors.com). I met Tony Garcia from Autobahn Interiors at this year's German Auto Fest, and was very impressed with him.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:03 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

John's tardiness is legendary, but this is the first time I have heard of serious problems like the ones you describe.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:05 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I said, I will NEVER do business with him again. The other three shops, mentioned above, will get my business in the future.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:40 PM
logg
Track Day

I had a local shop look at the seats. The seats have black cloth/ white pinstripe inserts and he said no way to get the material to repair. He's going to mach the original vinyl and replace the inserts. Did porsche send cars out with all black vinyl rear seats with cloth/vinyl combo for the fronts ?? I do know that I've seen the cloth pinstriped seats before. This is the same car from Germany with the wide body ???? many question this car has created.

Quick Reply: Recovering SC seats/ Any quality kits available ??