Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anybody know much about the 25th AE?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 02:11 PM
boxsata
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know much about the 25th AE?

Hey Guys,

I found this car on ebay and was really curious if anyone here knew anything abou the 25th Anniversary 911S? Is there anything different mechanically? Is it worth the money? I love the early 911s and this seems like a good example

Thanks in Advance.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:12 PM
boxsata
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woops! Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-28-2005, 02:44 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my apologies - I misunderstood the type... I'll leave my mistaken response in for anyone curious...

anyway, that '75 S has the "2.7 engine issues" that should have been addressed by now - you should confirm via a thorough PPI. Esp the body, since it is pre "all galvanized steel". I don't think the spl edition-ness will ever make it a great investment, & the low mileage is a conundrum. Pay high $s & not drive it, or pay high $s and depreciate it immensely by using it? Unless you know these well, I would definitely test drive before buying. good luck.

on the '04 Spl Ed...
it has a option package that saved approx $10K over "ala carte" ordering on the standard car. oh yeah, & the x50 (or 51?) engine upgrade is quite nifty. I checked it out (didn't drive, though I've driven a Cab w/ x50) at Rennsport Reunion II. Inviting, if you like the color, the option pkg discount, & the 996 (in general). A good deal on a 25th Edition could be a Very Good Deal, leveraging someone elses depreciation-wise. If I bought it, I'd expect to keep it awhile & drive drive drive...

Last edited by ked; 09-28-2005 at 02:54 PM. Reason: misunderstood the model type...
Old 09-28-2005, 08:45 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

This car appears in good shape, but I doubt it is worth the money that they are asking. Porsche's anniversary editions have been no more than well optioned standard models except of course the 40th, which has a few unique performance additions not available in the standard C2.

This car may be worth its money had it been in its original condition, but the seller cannot vouch for even the odometer milage. Documentation? As had been previously stated, it has the 2.7 L motor which has its own expensive issues and degrades from a car's value unless they have been fixed by the previous owner. For the about same money and with some careful searching, you can get a true early long hood 911 that is in good shape (rust free). If you don't mind the DOT bumpers, the 911 SC and Carrera have better engines and galvanized bodies.

Quick Reply: Anybody know much about the 25th AE?