Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Value of car with fender damage

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 05:04 AM
widebody
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Value of car with fender damage

Looking at a turbo look that has some paint cracking above right rear turbo flare. The lip on the fender is good but I can tell ther was some small damage above it. Carfax comes back with no major accidents. If fixed properly how much less is this car worth than one that has never been hit? What else should I be careful of looking at this car? I will take it for a ppi if I decide to go on further with this or should I just look for a undamaged car? Its going to be used as a daily driver.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Dr.Chris
Advanced

Is that a white cab/maroon interior car from FL.?
Old 06-15-2003, 01:26 AM
widebody
AutoX

No its a red coupe in california
Old 06-15-2003, 05:49 AM
Bob's flat-six
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It all depends on the damage? If it just had a small fender bender in that area and just wasn't repaired properly it could be redone.
I'm not a body man but the rear fender can't be replaced like a front, so a real good metal worker is what is required to save the fender without R&R. See if you can see any damage from the underside of the fender.
If the car is nice otherwise and a good discount is applied it might be a worthy 911 that just needs a little TLC.
So unless your into concorse, and the repairs and paint work are done very well these cars don't bother me as much as they used to as Sh*t happens. As long as you know of the damage going into the deal and have it checked out and a good PPI done.
I know of an **** P mechanic that approved a Salvage titled car for a customer as it was a bargain. They can be fixed it just needs to be done right.
Cheers
Old 06-16-2003, 08:41 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Typically repaired cars go for about 10% less than a similarly equiped/conditioned original car. ...IF the repairs are done well.

Quick Reply: Value of car with fender damage