Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

This is my lucky day, . . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:25 AM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts
Default This is my lucky day, . . .

I drove my 88 930 cab to a friend's to give him a ride (due to the fact I have only had this car for a few weeks). I took the cab top cover out of the trunk bonnet to snap it over the top and didn't close the hood all the way down, I just "clicked" the latch, thinking I might need to put some paperwork in so they wouldn't fly out of the car. Well, my phone rang, he messed with the radio and I needed to hurry to get into work and, well, I forgot all about closing the hood.
I then took him on the interstate and topped speeds just over 110mph and then took him through a nice, three mile, curved back road back to his house.
Well, when we got back to his house, his wife comes out, smiled and pointed to the car. I just gave her a smile and said thank you, I love it too. Then when we got out she said you might want to close the hood brfore you go to work.
I was in shock. Now, I will check the cazr like an Air Force pilot before flight.

True story that I lived today!!! mark
Old 08-26-2005, 09:12 AM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. You dodged one. I saw many trunk issues when I was looking for my car last year. People forget to close & drive & bend the rear corners. They close the trunk on big things & have raised portions etc etc. I've gone out with the engine lid unlatched before, but wind keeps it down.

But you were doing it right by using the cab boot cover - use it religiously or you run into top issues.

Ian
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive done that many times, i did it one day in the rain that sucked lol.

Quick Reply: This is my lucky day, . . .