911sc switches

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 06:51 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts
Default 911sc switches

Hi Guys

I appologixze if i am in the wrong forum.
I just bought a 78 911SC as kind of a hobby car. It has no manual or anything. Could someone please tell me what the pull , push switch next to the radio to the left does please ? There are wires on it that go through holes drilled in the firwall to the front of the car and are tapped off ...?? also there is a small rocker switch under the left part of the dash and I am unsure of the function. The car has no pop off valve which I will be getting soon. Also could someone possibly tell me how I can tell if the car has updated chain tensioners ?

Thanks guys and sorry about the nubie questions.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:07 PM
CDiercks
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First switch sounds like it is aftermarket. Second rocker switch under the dash is the power mirror selector switch. Switch it to the left and the power mirror joy stick will control the drivers side mirror, to the right and it controls the passenger side mirror.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If your car is fitted with dual mirrors the rocker switch, depending on position, allows you to adjust the mirrors with the joy stick at the left door trim. I'm not aware of a push/pull switch to the left of the radio (that's where the heater/fresh air controls are), but above the radio you have a fog light switch and a rear window defroster switch.
Pete
Old 08-20-2005, 10:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Default more nubie questions

Thanks Guys ...
I know about the mirror switch now ... of course I am sounding "nuibier" than even I wanted to. I meant to the left of those heater controls between the heater controls and the steering column. OH and I found a small rubber strap to strap something to the front of the car down beside the spare tire ! I tried strapping the jack there but it seamed to flop around ! and my tool kit has a "loop" that looks like it would fit the jack ! hmmm!!

oh and I made my first fix. The smaller ww fluid pump was seized so I disassembled it and put it in my ultrasonic.... spins free now ! i ued a little waterprrof grease on the shafts but a pretty easy fix.

Thanks Guys.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:26 AM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

The switch between the gauges above the heater is the rear wiper switch.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:28 AM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

The rubber strap is for the dangerous jack. If the jack doesn;t fit tightly, the strap is done, or you have the jack in the wrong orientation.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:31 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Default Many Thanks

Thansk Dave. I will keep playing with the jack until I get it right. Kind of wierd the switch to the left of my heater controls is the rear wiper.. especially since I don't have one ! . I think my car may have been modified at some point since it has a carrera tail and 78s didn't come with it.

I see your from SW Ontario. I live in Cambridge, so maybe we can hook up sometime.

Thanks again

Clive

Quick Reply: 911sc switches