Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

how oftin do you drive your 911??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:22 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how oftin do you drive your 911??

i drive mine every day rain sleet snow sunny you name it ive been there, and yes mudd too but thats another story. but i guess i really only drive mine every day cuz im probly a good bit younger then most people here or usually most people i meet that are into the older 911 are my age.

i could drive my parents old van me and my dad share it as a beater but he chooses to drive his 911 every day cuz he said its just so much fun (he has a 996)

so how oftin do you all drive and do you limit it to certin weather conditions?? i pefer sunny or snow, rain is boring the snow was a blast
Old 08-15-2005, 09:23 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive the 911 daily (especially since selling my 95 SHO), but I'm looking into a 2nd car as winter approaches and fuel prices continue to soar. I figure a nice 85.5-up 944 4-banger will fit the bill...
Old 08-15-2005, 10:34 PM
jimcabc
Addict
Rennlist Member

I drive mine on weekends mainly. I'd drive it to work more often but the traffic is mainly bumper to bumper on the interstate around the city--not much fun in any car. My Audi A4 does a pretty good job at that tho.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:41 AM
ZOANAS
5th Gear

I drive mine daily. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:39 AM
u_slo
Intermediate

Every sunny day!
Old 08-16-2005, 11:07 AM
My87Targa
Racer

i hate getting stuck in traffice in my car, specially in the rain like today when its still got a miss.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Saakey
Advanced

I drive mine about 3 times a month now...When I first bought in back in '97 i used it as my daily driver, mainly because i loved it so much...and it's not that i don't like driving it as much today, but i now have a 2 year old boy, so it makes it a little harder. I have a Audi A6 Wagon and my wife has a A6 sedan that we now use as our daily drivers.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:21 AM
My87Targa
Racer

Originally Posted by Saakey
I drive mine about 3 times a month now...When I first bought in back in '97 i used it as my daily driver, mainly because i loved it so much...and it's not that i don't like driving it as much today, but i now have a 2 year old boy, so it makes it a little harder. I have a Audi A6 Wagon and my wife has a A6 sedan that we now use as our daily drivers.

<---no kids, no wife, no problem. LOL

damn man 3 times a month and thats it??? i think if i get back to a job where i drive through alot of traffic id stop driving to work as oftin in mine but untill then i enjoy the roads around here
Old 08-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Saakey
Advanced

Originally Posted by My87Targa
...i enjoy the roads around here
that's just the opposite for me...i used to live in Northern California...where you can do a lot of coastal and mountain driving and never stop...I hate it here...where the heck do you go driving?
Old 08-16-2005, 12:42 PM
My87Targa
Racer

that's just the opposite for me...i used to live in Northern California...where you can do a lot of coastal and mountain driving and never stop...I hate it here...where the heck do you go driving?
i live by mt airy tons and tons of back roads. im telling you gather up some porsche drivers and well all fill our tanks and you can all follow me around through a bunch of back country roads. i dunno maybe cuz im young and stupid but ill go driving around and just try to get myself lost, its fun but yea on a good day ill take you through some nice twisty back roads in my area, its a blast man
Old 08-16-2005, 12:45 PM
My87Targa
Racer

i know you work in columbia you said?? where exactly are you living?? it isnt like CA around here but you can still take some nice drives, shoot we could always get a drive together and go to like ocean city, its a 2 hour drive there and back. drive up eat somewhere on costal highway then drive around costal for a little and drive back.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

About 2,500-3,000 miles a year...mainly to/from and on the track. So I don't drive it much, but when I drive it, I really drive it!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Saakey
Advanced

Originally Posted by My87Targa
i live by mt airy tons and tons of back roads. im telling you gather up some porsche drivers and well all fill our tanks and you can all follow me around through a bunch of back country roads. i dunno maybe cuz im young and stupid but ill go driving around and just try to get myself lost, its fun but yea on a good day ill take you through some nice twisty back roads in my area, its a blast man
I live in Ellicott City...there are some country roads, but usually tent to be long bits of straights followed by blind corners and turns...not the ideal driving conditions. I'll need to check out these roads you speak of.
I’ve driven to O.C. plenty of times…I almost can’t think of a more boring drive – LOL…not to mention how long it takes.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:35 PM
My87Targa
Racer

I live in Ellicott City...there are some country roads, but usually tent to be long bits of straights followed by blind corners and turns...not the ideal driving conditions. I'll need to check out these roads you speak of.
I’ve driven to O.C. plenty of times…I almost can’t think of a more boring drive – LOL…not to mention how long it takes.
see im kinda odd, i enjoy driving at night, and i like driving on wide empty roads. so thats why i have always liked my drives to the beach just find cars on the way that wanna go the speed i do and drive.

as for the roads well im working on my car today at work, this damn rain is messing with it soo bad but i should have it back to running order soon. so just find a date when you and maybe some other people wanna go for a drive we can go through some of the roads.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:37 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Originally Posted by Noel
About 2,500-3,000 miles a year...mainly to/from and on the track. So I don't drive it much, but when I drive it, I really drive it!
at least you drive it hard when it counts

Quick Reply: how oftin do you drive your 911??