Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Loud BANG! Inside Driver's Side Door?!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:55 AM
BrianS
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Loud BANG! Inside Driver's Side Door?!!

Need advice.

Heard and felt a loud BANG! inside my driver's side door. I thought someone had thrown a rock, but I was paying for parking at a parkade, and the woman in the booth was just as surprized at the loud sound as I was.

No evidence of anything wrong. The power window works, the lock works, the power mirror works, no evidence of the impact on the outside of the door panel. On one or two occassions, in a tight corner, say, I've heard something rattling in there, along the bottom of the door.

I haven't taken the panel off, yet, as it doesn't seem to be urgent. Any ideas what this might be? Is it easy to take the panel off to have a quick look?

Thanks in advance,
- Brian
Old 07-27-2005, 04:30 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

IT's hard to say... BUT look up a current thread on Pelican re pivot retaining spring. IF the spring suddenly shot off it would make a bang and the window would work (I think) until the rest of the mech. worked it's way loose - at which point you would have total failure.

I know little about the power windows on these things tho (and would like to know less...)
Old 07-29-2005, 05:46 PM
BrianS
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the reference ... sounds as though that is indeed the problem, alright.

"It retains the pivot spring in its rightful place..."

Quick Reply: Loud BANG! Inside Driver's Side Door?!!