Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa Roll Bar Paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005 | 01:15 PM
redidrum
Pro

Default Targa Roll Bar Paint

I saw in the tech section that a guy painted his Targa bar exterior skin satin finish black. Mine was a flat black with speckles in it. After sanding smooth, painting mine the satin finish, and applying wax it looks strange. Too damn shiny to fit the rest of the car. My buddy with 35 years experience says it looks weird because the rest of the trim is flat black.

I think that the rough speckled look blends in better with the rough finish of the Targa Top. Trying to just paint one more time.

How did they come stock ???

Any Suggestions ???

Thanks,

Ron
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2005 | 11:20 PM
pgrunwald
Instructor

I painted mine with SEM 39143 Trim Black. I lightly sanded it and then used a acid etch primer on before painting. It is not too shiny and not too flat. I'm going to do my wheels with the same paint. There was a slight bit of pebbling from the orginal paint and I don't wax it.

P.

----------------
'87 Targa
Old 07-27-2005 | 10:19 AM
KCinBR
Intermediate

Mine is the stock finish and it has a textured look similar to the vinyl on the top.....kinda like spatter paint, or the type of paint you would use in a trunk.
Old 07-27-2005 | 11:25 AM
redidrum
Pro

Thanks guys...

I do believe that the Spatter look is what was on there stock to blend in with the rough finish of the Targa Top Vinyl. Anyone else tried this?

Thanks Again,

Ron
Old 07-28-2005 | 10:41 AM
redidrum
Pro

Okay, I went with the Rustoleum Textured paint and followed with Satin Black. All looks good so far. Setting up in the garage today. I don't think that I'll add wax or anything to it to keep the natural rough look.

Thanks Again,

Ron

Quick Reply: Targa Roll Bar Paint