Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone Intersted in trading 911 Targa for Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:27 AM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

you can get two kids in the Boxster -- the two trunks are at OPPOSITE ends of the car. That means it keeps you from having to listen to them argue with each other -- tell them that next time they start up...
Old 07-29-2005, 06:49 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just turned down my chance to trade for a 77 Targa. It needed some cosmetic work and I really the car, but for once I didn't make an emotional decision. He had receipts for rebuilt engine transmission, and kevlar clutch, but it just didn't feel right. The clutch was 2 inches below the brake pedal and had zero play, either engaged to not engaged. I also had some trouble shifting 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd, but that may have been the short shift kit. There just wasn't time for a proper PPI for either of us under the circumstances, and I didn't feel lucky today. maybe that's because the clutch came out of my wife's 968 this week. I just need to sell the Boxster then find a 911 already sorted out and verified.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:30 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gave up on the trade idea and put my Boxster up for sale. I listed it here and Pelican for now. Will put it on Ebay in a couple of weeks, and hope that a cailouple of the 911s for sale right now are still available whe it sells. It is a good deal for someone looking for a Boxster on the cheap. High miles, but a nice car.

Quick Reply: Anyone Intersted in trading 911 Targa for Boxster