Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Aluminum door handle installation...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum door handle installation...

It appears straight forward, and there seems to be little collective knowledge posted withint he 911 forum, so here goes.
Are there any tricks, issues or suprises I should be aware of before I begin to install these new aluminum handles in my 84?
According to the pictures in my Bentley and the "101 reference guide, I should be able to slip off the circlip and carefully push the retaining pin upwards enough to dislodge the lower pivot of the handle, then I can gently pull the handle out & down to remove the top pivot. Can I install the aluminum handles in the reverse order or must I first remove the top cover, and the handle from the door?
I'm sure I could figure it out once I had it taken apart, but I'm looking for the "easy way" so I can spend less time with the car in pieces.

My wife says I spend too much time with my car, so reducing the time taken to do simple things like this might make it seem like I spend less time with it.

Probably not.
+++
Old 07-12-2005, 12:37 AM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're a trip, Dan.

Will be watching, since this was also on my mod list.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:47 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

I did it on my cab and just ordered new handles for my 930. I can't remember any in particular that stood out as counter-intuitive but I do know that I had a hard time getting my fat fingers around the little parts in that tiny little space. Just be patient... should only take a few minutes per side.

Quick Reply: Aluminum door handle installation...