911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Who's 2.8 RSR replica?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 02:29 AM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who's 2.8 RSR replica?

In the back of the latest Excellence in the Tech area is a foto of a beautiful white/red car. Smaller foto, car has red Fuchs modded by Lindsey Racing to wide 17 inches.
Anyone know this car? Anyone have any pics? Does the owner want to swap for a '86 Turbo...?
Old 07-11-2005, 05:13 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Beautiful car. And probably for sale, since the guy who built it does it for a living.

Read about it here.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:06 AM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup - that's it. Thx for the link, Jack. Really like yours too, BTW...
Old 07-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Porsche Doc
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MitchB
In the back of the latest Excellence in the Tech area is a foto of a beautiful white/red car. Smaller foto, car has red Fuchs modded by Lindsey Racing to wide 17 inches.
Anyone know this car? Anyone have any pics? Does the owner want to swap for a '86 Turbo...?
Yep! Thats mine.
The plans for this car when it is finished, it will be sold.
After I have sorted it out. Look like the end of July
It was built to be a all around fun car that could be street driven yet still be used to autoX or take to the track for some real fun.
This car is not a clone it just looks like a RSR. It's not even close.

The engine is a 3.6L from a 92 RSA. It has been chiped and has a K&N intake with headers and SuperTraps It sounds great!
I will be putting it on my Dynojet when I get back. But it should put down to the wheels in the 260hp range with 230ish TQ.
Thats is about what HP that the real RSR put down, But the TQ is 30ish more. It ought to be a real ball to drive. The best thing is about using a 3.6 that is near stock. It won't need a lot of maintance

The susp is still torson bar type 30mm rear 23mm front with weltmister hard bushings. Sport shocks F&R, Weltmister sway bars 22mm F and 23 R. It has alum trailing arms and adjustable spring plates. My bigger brake setup with drilled Carrera rotors.

The door handles are made from the original one. We removed the ball and took the bend out till it was flat. Bolted an alum handle on it and thats it. It works great! We made the panel out of 22 ga alum sheet. I got to use the bead roller on it. Check out how the bead in the panel matches the door bars. I screwed up two before I got it right!

The cage is a fully welded GT cage thats connected to the susp points front and rear. It is made with .095 DOM tubing through out. It will pass SCCA, PCA, HSR or any others clubs rules. We have been building the for the last 30 years and we do have some secrets.

If any guys want me to build you one like this or a real clone.
Just send me a good chassis. I love building stuff like this!

I will be starting another one it's a 73 this time.
It may be closer to a full race car.
But it's still to be deturmend.

I don't know what the price will be yet.
I have had so many inquerys that I might have to put on Ebay to make it fair to all of the guys wanting it.

Last edited by Porsche Doc; 11-02-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Who's 2.8 RSR replica?